Do you agree making friends in Dubai is difficult?

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Poonam_rr, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi manjjs,

well i really understand what you are going thru. but as you see we have a very big group of friends here in dubai thru IL. i guess you should visit the Indians in Abu dhabi thread. you will find many many mnay friends. also the abudhabi gang keeps having meet ups. do join them. they all are very freindly and welcoming. im in dubai but i have many abu dhabi friends thru IL. so go ahead make friends im sure you wont be disappointed.

2. pinkuu

pinkuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Rifa:),
    How are you.I live opposite Jmart.Good to know that u stay quite near.Complete ur 50 post then v can contact each other.:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  3. rifa

rifa Senior IL'ite

Hey Suhana!
    I am fine .Nice to hear from you.We can meet soon.Waiting for my pm facility.

Love,
    Rifa

4. ocean9999

ocean9999 New IL'ite

hi zeenat
    im in dubai for the last 10 yrs but still i know very few ppl i find it very difficult to make frends may b i dont speak that much can i join any of ur groups...

5. Anushka75

Anushka75 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I agree that it is difficult to make friends out here in Dubai.

I would definitely like to join ur groups.

regds,
    anushka:)

6. pisces

pisces New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Yes! The topic is interesting.. I am here for the past 1.5 yrs, yet no friends.

I think it is not that we find difficult to make friends, it is like minded friends that is difficult to make.

We are all different and we have different priorities. Having said that, there are plenty of Indians here in this country unlike other western countries. But, we decide not to make friends with everyone.

In my case, I will be more interested to make friends with families who have kids of same age as mine. I have 2 boys aged 12 & 8. We do know a few families, but all have very small kids. My kids refuse to come anywhere. So I have to opt out of friends circle. We do meet occasionally and exchange pleasantries, but it is formal most of the times.

I will be interested to meet you guys anyway and know more..

IL is a good platform to be with to know about more people. Lets make use of this platform.

Rekha:)

7. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi pisces

I quite agree with you ...Finding like minded people to have as friends is a complicated affair .

Since the time I quit working , and joined IL ,I bumped into so many intersting ladies and made cpl of frnds that now it feels worth living in Dubai , otherwise , passing time can be a tedious task here .

I understand why your kids refuse to go anywhere , as my elder daughter who is 9 yrs old ,sail in the same boat !!

Which area in Dubai do you stay ? Are you working or stay at home Mum ?

Shivani

8. pisces

pisces New IL'ite

Hi Shivani,
    I live in Qusais. I am working. So it is ok for me now. Though I do not have any Indians here at work place, at least I get to meet someone to talk to.

Where abouts you live?

Rekha

9. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Rekha
    I stay in Bur Dubai .keep yourself posted through threads for the upcoming coffee meet ups nd family meet ups .. you will make many good frnds

cheers

10. cakedecorater

cakedecorater Bronze IL'ite

Yes I do agree, that its difficult to make friends here. Infact even people staying in the same bldg hardly know each other. Also I think the age group does make a difference here. I have 2 grown up children, so I guess its difficult for the younger lot to mix with us.......... though I do have a few friends in my age group & a few even bigger than me.

Hey Roopa..........I guess we are in the similar group..........what say.........can we be friends.

:wave
    Judith