1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do The Children Need Such High I. Q?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jayasala42, May 31, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

During "dermatoglyphic neuro-scientific evaluation [DNE] ideally for kids,it is told that 80% of one's brain capability is formed in the womb itself.
    Automatically we start thinking about Jews.

There seems to be no second opinion about the fact that Jews are ahead in all aspects of life such as Engineering, music, science and most obvious in business where nearly 70% of world trade/businesses are held by the Jews such as cosmetic, fashion, food, arms, hotels and film industries (Hollywood and others).

It is stated that preparation starts with pregnancy.The pregnant mother would always sing and play piano and would always try to solve mathematical problems together with the husband.She does not hesitate to say that it is to train the child still in the womb so that it would be a genius later on". Almonds and dates with milk and fish without head are compulsorily given to the pregnant woman.In addition, smoking is a taboo, all for the creation of an intelligent progeny.
    Looking back into the 20th century alone, one can clearly see that Jews have played many a key role in shaping the modern world (if not always in a positive way): physicist Albert Einstein; the father of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud; Communism’s Karl Marx; and many other physicists. Nuclear physics is often referred to as “Jewish physics.”
    :
    The proportion of Jews with IQ’s of 140 or more is estimated to be about six times the proportion of any other ethnic group.
    Although Jews constitute only about two-tenths of one percent of the world’s population, Jews won 29 percent of the Nobel Prizes in literature, medicine, physics and chemistry in the second half of the 20thcentury., in spite of pervasive discrimination, numerous legal barriers, frequent persecution, and the Holocaust.
    Many reasons have been attributed to the high intelligence level of Jews and many research papers have been submitted.The subject'Heredity Vs environment' has been a juicy topic of discussion world wide, especially with ref to Jews.Many factors have been attributed.
    Jews, it is said, have been engaging in selective marriages to produce children of high intelligence.
    A man was prepared to sell all his possessions in order to marry the daughter of a scholar, as well as to give his daughter in marriage to a scholar.” So it was a 'selection' with a focus on intelligent progeny.It was endogamy.

. Compulsory ordinanace requiring all males to be enrolled in 64 C. E. was adhered to and within about a century, the Jews, uniquely among the peoples of the world, had effectively established universal male literacy and numeracy.”
    Moreover, throughout the centuries, Jewish males have had to study and learn the law, a process one never completes, and to read –often aloud in public -- in order to practice their faith and teach their children.
    During the period of the fall of Jerusalem , only the elite among the Israelites were taken to Babylon, leaving behind the unskilled and presumably less intelligent. The king carried away from Jerusalem, all the princes, and all the mighty men of valour… and all the craftsmen and the smiths; none remained, save the poorest sort of the people of the land.”
    By the time the Israelites returned more than a century later, many of those who had remained had been killed off or had married foreigners and been absorbed by other peoples. The returned exiles reconstituted a Jewish community comprised largely of descendants of its most intelligent members. Ever since, the Jews have continued to try to perpetuate their “ethnic purity,” usually marrying within their own group, and resisting intermarriage with and assimilation by their neighbors.

Jews in Europe were officially excluded from “common” occupations such as agriculture from 800-1700 A.D. This restriction forced the Jews for 900 years into intellectually more demanding vocations, such as trade and finance. They could afford to migrate and had social and economic opportunities in other nations. In other words they were forced to be intelligent..
    Many research scholars today assert that Jews became victims of certain debilitating diseases which helped them developing collective intelligence.

Success breeds success, on the neurological level. Victory provides a rush of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that activates motivation for further accomplishments. Jewish children understand they are capable of high achievement, and they’re obliged to develop their skills for contribution to humanity.

Indians with a culture of thousands of years or more , and with so many brilliant sages and texts to guide could never reach that level.We can't escape saying that we have a focus on better spiritual goals of'enlightenment'.

But all these opportunities are available in the present day to many other groups.They have also been provided with the same environment. But nobody has succeeded as much or even 20% of what Jews have achieved.

Ultimately are they destined to be highly intelligent, as "only Jews are God's men" as proclaimed by some?

It is not only food habits and method of upbringing children but certain customs which they adopted strictly , but how they utilised the opportunities given for nearly 1000 years.This utilisation of environment resulted in high
    I. Q. and because of their strict adherence to studies and marriage relationship with intelligensia, resulted in giving birth to more and more intelligent children.

It is a million dollar question with Jews whether the environment was responsible for the creation of 'specially super smart community' or the heredity helped them to create suitable environment.
    I have collected various views from many research papers in this regard.
    One of our close relatives, an Iyer girl , has married her class mate , a Jew,only with the intention of getting a genius progeny.She has totally antagonised her parents who are unable to reconcile.They are not in talking terms now.

They have two daughters 4 and2.As of now, children look normal. We don't know when the unique brilliance would be revealed.
    My questions are:
    1.Is it so very essential to have progeny with I. Q. more than 130? What does it matter if the child has lesser I.Q,yet sufficiently intelligent to get along well and lead a happy meaningful life?
    2.We know pretty well that high
    I. Q. brings with it many problems such as ego complexes which stand as an impediment to have
    good relationship with others.
    3.In today's competitive world, success essentially depends on Emotional quotient .Some with low I. Q .shine well because of this attribute.
    4.Getting NOBEL puraskar is not the only motto in life. ( though it is definitely laudable).There are other essential aspects.
    I learn, many modern mothers strive very hard to create genius out of their kids and get disappointed.
    A balanced outlook is needed in this regard.

May all of us be in peace whether we succeed in producing future generations of genius.What is this mania about?

Jayasala 42

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

That is so funny !
    I remember the question/wonderment:
    But Suppose the Child Inherited My Beauty and Your Brains?
    • George Bernard Shaw and Isadora Duncan?
    • Anatole France and Isadora Duncan?
    • Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe?
    • Albert Einstein and a chorus girl?
    • George Bernard Shaw and a strange lady in Zurich?
    Added later: I had to search and locate an old article about the Jews, that came soon after the book "The Bell Curve" was on the market.
    Are Jews Smarter Than Everyone Else?
    The jewish smartiness (a word ascribed to Stephen Colbert), the jewish genetic diseases, and even a mention of the "New Jew", the asian-american population are all mentioned in this piece.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Cheeniya, yellowmango and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. jayasala42

Dear Amulet Madam,
    Thank you for the nice response.
    I have read so many articles on this issue, specially after this girl conveyed her desire to her sister,who is my DIL.Anyway we could not do anything about it except blessing the couple.
    This is a known instance.
    After reading so many articles on IQ etc, I have developed a dislike of for high IQ.A balance is always desirable. Too much of anything, including IQ ,seems to be bad.
    jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and pumpkin01 like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The genetic diseases of the "chosen people" is the balance they already have. I hope the two children of your niece are healthy and go on to live healthy and above average lives. NRI people who live in foreign cultures would eventually go on to blend in with those cultures. This happens in India as well when people go from one culturally distinct nation ( like Tamil-Nation) and go off to live/work in some other nation, such as, Punjab or Bengal.

It used to be argued that those that have the access to wealth, or at least a decent living, through their intelligence and education would be less likely to engage in chicanery and crimes. However, this has not been true at all -- either for the Jews, or for the other groups who tout high intelligence and IQ.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    shyamala1234 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. jayasala42

You are correct madam.
    There is absolutely no connection between high I. Q and and not indulging in crimes.The crime level also will be of a high order , which we are aware of. We have so many combinations in our big family.We have concrete examples of top class results, mediocre and very bad also.Too much forward thinking and too much analysis about genetics sometimes results in the worst choice.Normally in orthodox families, love marriage is supposed to be infatuation and parents may decide the partner of their children out of maturity.
    Now girls and boys have so many materials on hand, lot to make research and decide and their love is a type of careful choice after deep analysis. It cannot be termed infatuation, but choice is not always good, sometimes irretrievably bad.
    Genetic disorders in the families of Jews are unlimited and some are beyond redemption.I really pity the people who are carried by the Nobel awardees.An average mediocre life with a reasonable job can be happier.
    Actually I was in US when this discussion was taking place.The girl had so many papers in her hand about the intelligence and achievements of Jews in the entire world.She also spoke to me and was ready for open discussion. Being highly intelligent,she could not be convinced at all in spite of so many arguments.She waited for parents' approval for three long years. As there was no green signal, the couple started living together and the marriage had to be solemnised as per Jewish customs and later in India as per brahminical customs.
    What cannot be cured should be endured.

I don't deny that there are problems in marriages arranged by parents.
    jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:blush: I don't want my children get this kind of notion into their heads.

However, I don't want them to go into some grand personal eugenics experiment to create super children. They have to enjoy their young lives, be in love with the one(s?) they sleep with, and never mind the opinion of others. Children give the parents sufficient time to influence/mold them, and after that, they become independent decision makers.

Even in divine love affairs, the question "why this fellow?" is asked. In every dance class (in America) I had seen children perform to this song, where the goddess was asked why she got the hots for a guy who is dirty, smells bad, wears dead-animal skins, live-snakes, yada...yada. Ethai Kandu nee-- Lyrics and Meaning.. - rasikas.org

That girl was merely trying to be polite to elders; she does not have to explain why she loves whom she loves. It is her life, and she had chosen the one who gives her the warm fuzzies about the now and the future.

Cure ?
    In such cases, the cure is small doses of what ails the sick. Dispensed/taken every day. That is what will cure everyone.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42
    Why do Iyer parents want Iyer husbands for their daughters? How are Iyer, Iyengar, falana falana grooms any different from one another.
    Infact there are some scientific theories around Brahmins and Aztec Jews being related.
    Also, isn't arranged marriage a well thought of decision after analysis - horoscope match, nice Tanjavur Vadama family, No known divorces in the family, IIT IIM boy and beautiful accomplish girl etc. Even if the girl did make a calculated decision, she is the one making the decision here as per what she wants for herself.

8. jayasala42

Dear madam,Thank you for your wonderful response. But certain boys and girls have some prejudiced notion about elders' decisions.Some parents for fear of being ridiculed do not even give out their opinion and leave everything to sons and daughters. Any decision by any one is welcome, as long as it ends well.In many families the early years are very good and problems start after 7 or 8 years,
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Aztecs ? related to jews and brahmins ? That is a new one. I have only heard of the 3 major groups - The Ashkenazim, the Sephardim, and the Mizrashi......for european, non-european, and middle-eastern region respectively. The ashkanazhi is supposedly the most clever of all. Arranged marriages within Israel usually involve parents making sure that their kids are only marrying "up" and not down. More ashkanazhi girls (red hair and freckles) run away with dark-handsome sephardim (most latino jews in France, Iberia, north-africa are of this kind) boys.

Iyer, Iyengar, ashtasahastram, bhruhacharanam, etc. etc.( I learnt this from the wiki page on Tamil Brahmins) might seem like racial features overlay on ancient roots, religious practices and rites. Same with the jews.
    But a connection with Mexican Aztecs ?!!

Yes. Indian arranged marriage scheme is a well thought out plan for the optimal happiness of the two families, and the progeny. All arranged marriages, in any culture would be the same.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42 - please do not call me Madam! It makes me very uncomfortable.
    The thing is we will never know if we could have been any more happier if we had married the Iyer boy our parents like. And (different) problems will creep up, irrespective of whom we chose to marry.
    For every child that is prejudiced against the elder's/parents as you say, there are similar parents who find fault with the decisions made by their matured 30 year old "child". So the child is mature enough to complete their education, find and keep a job even grow in it, move countries and continents on their own for education or work, even old enough to get married but not mature enough to make a decision about their life partner?