1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Nothing;be In Limelight

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Apr 16, 2017.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Many of us scribble something and wait eagerly for likes, views and responses
    though one may not expressively say so.
    On 14th April, I had a mail from my friend conveying the good news
    that the book 'What men know about women?' which he has been working on for two years ,has at last been published on Tamil New year's Day.He had also enclosed as an attachment the copy of the book.As I was busy making special lunch for New Year, I just didn't reply.
    At about 2 p. m. the mail box contained so many reviews and responses.Curiously enough I opened the attachment.It was a book containing a fancy cover with the title printed in block letters.It was a crisp video.Some one is opening the book. As he turns on the pages all pages are blank, milky white, not a single word written.
    These were the responses:-
    Dear Author,
    Congratulations!
    Your book on women is based on research and of course personal
    experience.
    A wonderful observation on women.
    Lord Siva wanted Vishnu to find his Lotus Feet and Brahma his Towering Head.
    Vishnu confessed his inability to find the feet.
    Brahma picked up "Thazhambu" which fell from Shiva's head and
    made a false claim that he had indeed seen Siva's head.
    You all know that he lost one of his heads by way of punishment.
    Here you are true like Lord Vishnu and has spoken the truth that no living
    man or dead has ever succeeded in fathoming the mind of women.
    Had you approached me for a forward I would have gladly done.

The sheets between the front and back cover are virgin and sparkling white
    and not tainted by lies and half truths.
    Though you denied me the privilege to write the Forward at least I took
    it upon myself to post my review of your first book.

This should be presented to every young man who craves to take marriage
    vows.
    Thanks and regards
    xxxxxxxxx
    EXCELLENT
    3.Its cover page is impressive.
    4.After two years of deep study and research you have found women
    crystal clean, blemishless and the milky white pages reflect your sparkling thoughts on sparkling women.I am not competent to write preview or review on such wonderful writings.However On behalf of all the women members , I convey my sincere thanks to you.
    Wish you many more such publications.
    xxxxxxxx( me)
    5.Ha ... Ha ...Ha ...Ha ...
    I'm glad that you've explored and have been working for 2 years on women and found a great and valuable treasure in them ...
    Congratulations!
    xxxx
    6.The Author has received so much response and so many reviews for his book, I am sure, now he can definitely write a book compiling them. If an unwritten book can get so much attention, one can imagine what will happen when the pages are actually filled up.
    Keep it up.

7. Unwritten Book and Undrawn painting
    ----------------------------------------------------
    I am reminded of a story in Tamil on reading the book.
    A king conducted a competition to select the best painter in his kingdom.Hundreds of people participated .Finally two were shortlisted.Both of them were provided all the materials and in the same hall they were allowed to paint.Both the painters were asked to stand with their backs facing each other and there was a tall screen separating them so that one should not be influenced by the other.
    The stipulated time arrived.The king stood before one painting.It was a superb painting of natural scenery with trees, clouds, river, playing kids, fish underneath etc etc.The king was amazed and appreciated the painter and gave him awards.
    Now he went to the second painter.It was an exact replica ,of the opposite painting.There was a big screen and guards. How was it possible for the painter to exactly duplicate the work done by the opposite party?The king thought for a while.He went near the board.
    The board was blank.There was no painting at at all. The painter has utilised his full time to clean and polish the board so well that it reflected the painting of the artist painting at the opposite side.Even a small dirt on the opposite board was clearly reflected.
    The king obviously selected the second one as the best artist for the
    efforts he had taken to keep the back ground so blemishless so that it could reflect 100% of the image opposite to it.
    The king revealed a great philosophy out of the undrawn painting.We need not struggle ourselves to make God reside in our hearts by so many
    methodologies and techniques.,meditation, dhyana, prayers,poojas etc etc.
    God need not be brought from outside.He already exists.We have just to clean up mind /heart and keep it blemishless so that the internal God shines!
    Congrats,the author! The empty pages in your book have made you worthy of achieving two awards simultaneouly- a writer and a philosopher.How great you are!

Written by myself

8.My Book on Women
    Author: Anonymous
    Publisher: Sociall Mediaaa Publicationss
    Price: N A
    First Edition sold out.Wait for Second edition.

I don't want to comment.I have only one head, very valuable ,I can't afford to lose.
    xxxxxxxxx

9.கலையாத கல்வியும் குறையாத வயதுமோர்
    கபடு வாராத நட்பும்
    கன்றாத வளமையுங் குன்றாத இ*ளமையும்
    கழுபிணியிலாத உடலும்
    சலியாத மனமும் அன்பு அகலாத மனைவியும்
    தவறாத சந்தானமும்
    தாழாத கீர்த்தியும் மாறாத வார்த்தையும்
    தடைகள் வாராத கொடையும்
    தொலையாத நிதியமும் கோணாத கோலும் ஒரு
    துன்பமில்லாத வாழ்வும்
    மற்றும்
    சொல்லில்லா வரிகளும்,செலவில்லா எழுதுகோலும்
    எழுதாத நூலும்,வழுவாத விமரிசனமும்
    எண்ணிலடங்கா நண்பர் குழாமும் ,
    ஓயாத அலைகடலென திரளும் திறனாய்வும்
    சமாளித்து மாளாத அஞ்சல்களும்
    சேர்த்து வேண்டி நின்றீரோ?
    செவி சாய்த்தாள் அபிராமி
    xxxxxxxxx- Myself ( devotee of Goddess Abhirami)

10.As I gleaned through the empty pages of the book,
    I am reminded of a poem of Keats 'Ode on Grecian Urn;.on which there would be a painting of lovers ABOUT to hug each other.The poet kindles his own imagination how the the undone acts are more powerful.
    His famous words in the poem'Heard melodies are sweet,those unheard are sweeter' are still reverberating .We were asked to give various interpretation to those lines in 1959, when we were in the second year of graduation.i wrote about a non written story with so many characters.
    Now the author by his wonderful imagination has made my thoughts a reality-tons of thanks to him.Keats ,if alive today would have definitely written
    "Written lines are printed;but those unwritten are better imprinted'-
    xxxxxxx( myself)

11.Once I thought of writing a book, the only time, but the thought came only after I got married.
    I decided that I will spend at least three hours per day for this, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the night. I wanted to finish it in one month so that I can continue to write many more books.
    On an auspicious day after finishing my morning routines I sat to begin the first page of my dream book.
    Before I could open my pen I heard a voice shouting from the kitchen, " Today I am preparing aaloo ka paratha. The gas is on. But there are no curry leaves. Leave all your work and go to the market."

Then I opened the pen in the afternoon. Two crows came and sat on the window cawing incessantly. My wife came and told me that she forgot to give the daily egg yolk omelette
    to the crows and there were no eggs in the house. I must get a dozen eggs immediately.
    Afternoon all shops were closed yet I hunted everywhere and successfully came home. But my afternoon one hour was over without writing a word for my book.
    When night came I reluctantly opened the blank paper and pen to begin my work. But my wife was becoming irritated. Constant changing of channels had made the TV remote weak and needed the replacement of the cells. No way to begin my work on a book. I dressed up and went out to get the special cell meant for the remote. By the time TV started changing channels quickly, my one hour was finished.
    The day came and the day went without a single word written. Then I thought I would finish the quota in the night when I lie awake in the bed. But the day was so hectic going out at least a dozen times on errands that I did not know when I slept but it was already morning when I awoke. Yesterday's weariness was still all over my body.
    It became my daily routine and after waiting for two years my dream book remained blank on papers.
    No more wasting time, I decided to go ahead and publish my book as is where is. At least I got a good title
    'Understanding the Woman by a Man.'
    The book was out and available in all raddi shops.
    Latest, I understand that my book has become a victim of plagiarism by one X under a new title and his version is attracting more reviews from all over against none for my work.
    (A short story well typed before the first errand of the day, 'Go bring milk, if you want your tea'.)
    xxxxxxxx

12.Now I indeed feel very sorry that a budding author has been
    mercilessly killed even before he penned his first word.
    Now that you have raised a serious charge of your dream book,
    plagiarized, the unkindest cut of all, by one of your own friends,
    we should become serious and do justice to the poor man, an author
    still to be born.

I always have the trait of taking brief even uninvited.
    Let us send the notice to the author to pay suitable compensation
    to you, my best friend, who had planned the privilege of
    being a world renowned author of books.
    I am in two mind whether your Mrs x can be considered as as the main accused who killed the very spirit of her husband writing his first book and prevented his
    books getting listed in the Best Sellers at various Book Stores around the Globe.

xxxxxxx-an advocate.

So many responses are still pouring pouring in within 18 hours.

He is stated to have made research about'women' for two long years and still many of his questions remain answered.can we women be proud of this fact?

Shoonya is always auspicious,Ask Viswa.He will publish a real book on blank mind and thoughtlessness.

Friends, do not worry about dearth of views./likes/responses.

Follow my friend.You can be in the limelight

without squeezing your brain or pressing your fingers.

If IL team allows, send a blank snippet.It will have many readers and many interpretations you can hardly imagine.We can do much Ado about 'nothing'

Jayasala 42

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Just yesterday we had one example from Cheeniya sir where he talked about finding a title first and then writing something based on that title. Now you have given a wonderful suggestion. I have been feeling really sad that I can't think of anything entertaining to write and so have kept low profile. Now I have an easy way out. You will be able to find a lot of snippets from me in the future. I shall give the snippet a title and shall wait for responses to fill up the empty pages. :)

sindmani and peddadas like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I understand the author's view without a word being written in the book. I always carry an impression women are born psychologists without a need for a professional degree. Sometime back, I had a chance to look at a You Tube video where a man explained how the mind of men and women works.

He kept the live brain of a man and a woman in two corners of the podium. He approached first the man's brain and said, "His brain is filled with a lot of boxes and they are all compartmentalized. When the subject comes up, he opens the relevant box and use only that but doesn't touch any other boxes. However, he has one empty box left without anything in it. This is a blank box he uses only when he is day dreaming or doing nothing."

Then he moved to the woman's brain and said, "Here every box is filled with a lot of stuff and all of them are interconnected. When something happens, all of the boxes are opened as they are interconnected. But what drives the woman's brain crazy and get mad is to see the man using the empty box when she is communicating something important to her man. After the whole sentence is said by the woman, the man asks, Uhh?" This makes the woman get really mad."

In this example, a compartmentalized brain of a man find it hard how the networked brain of a woman works. That might be reason for him to have an empty box to do monotonous things when a networked brain asks a question he couldn't understand.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  4. jayasala42

Thank you satchitananda for the first response.The message intended that women are unfathomable.However i wanted to
    interpret through the lens of the author who wants to get reviews and likes for whatever he writes.Once the paper is blank you can give any interpretation.I am reminded of a joke.Students in class 5 were to draw a cow grazing in the field.Children drew grass very well but cows were represented with some face with two horns. One of the boys gave a blank paper.When the teacher asked he would have at least drawn some green stripes to denote grass,the boy replied,Sir all the grass were eaten by the cow.
    " where is the cow?' After eating it has left the field.there is neither cow nor grass.That is why i have given a blank paper.

jayasala 42

PushpavalliSrinivasan likes this.
  5. jayasala42

Dear viswa,
    You have given nice elaborate explanation of how the brain of man and woman work.With the interchange of role in the society The pattern of working in women' s brain had undergone total metamorphosis.It is said that 21st century young women are not that sharp as grandmas of previous generations, though they are better qualified and educated.Men never like the type of explanation given by you.
    Jayasala 42

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    Great idea! But I believe once out of sight we'll become out of mind also.
    I like Satchi's idea of just writing the title of the snippet and wait for the elaborate views on the subject by our knowledgeable members of IL. That's the best idea to be in the limelight without any stress.
    PS

7. jayasala42

Yes, a great idea by sachitananda.We can read many interpretations by various people.IL team may hava a trial.But in another forum every month a topic is given for members to write.For the first two months there were 5 or 6 articles Thereafter it remained unresponded.

jayasala 42