DO NOT GO for SEVANA , Home maid agency in Pathanamthitta Kerala

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by luck2010, Oct 14, 2010.

1. luck2010

luck2010 New IL'ite

Dear all

I took a maid ( Meera aka Jasmine) from Sevana , Pathanamthitta , Kerala to look after my kids for 6 month contract. She had me book tickets for her at 4th month because her mother is dying and promised to come back after 10 days.
    And after reaching Kerala, she does not not pick phone and went and told the Agency that she does not want to return.
    This is so shocking for me because had she told me that she is not coming back, I could have had agency send another person on time ( as per agreement). Also here the entire responsibility lies with Agency girl ( Gayathri) to send me another person. This lady as well is dilly-dallying.
    I have paid 5000 Rs as contract fee for 6 month and I pay salary 5500/m directly to maid every month. As per contract, I am supposed to get 2 more months of service. I feel cheated :( and very angry
    Please suggest how to get this culprit repent and remedy. Any ideas?

2. luck2010

luck2010 New IL'ite

My maid completely lied to me, had me book ticket on a selected date ( chosen by her) saying she will return and also took my SIM card saying she needs to call me while on her journey back. She was very nice while staying with me and I treated her really well..made sure she got time to take bath, she was able to have lunch / dinner and all this I did by taking care of the baby while she was eating or taking bath or washing her clothes during my lunch break from office. I mean ..inspite of all the good treatment I gave her..in fact I treated her as a family member..it makes me very sad to imagine it is the same girl who after reaching Kerala changed her decision completely and also she never picked my call except twice. Both the times, she still reiterated that she will keep her words of coming back. It drives me nuts that one could lie...to such a low level. I wish she was straightforward and told me her plans outright because I definitely would have got another person from agency before she left. After all this incident: I feel the maids coming thru agency are not reliable, they cheat..even if you give them good treatment, they are not staying in our house with the open heart to accept it.They are born to lie and deceive people. Because they are thru the agency, they know they can do whatever they wish and that people like us are their to keep them on the job. Agency also only cares for what their people say. There is no background verification done, no feedback sought by people like us from the earlier place they worked in ..nothing. I have lost trust completely ..because there is a dark side to the maids while they are staying / working in your home.

3. luck2010

luck2010 New IL'ite

Also note, if I wasn't clear enough, what I meant by "her mother is dying" is that it is not actually own mother..she called her Amma though it is her peramma who brought her up. This is the story she told me while wanting to go.

4. itirp

itirp New IL'ite

I am in Pathanamthitta now and just want to check with u....if later were ur problems resolved. I am having same probs as u and hope you will advise me regarding maids

5. Pinky777

Pinky777 New IL'ite

The same lady who was in Sevana, Gayathri is now running another agency, Asraya Home Nurse. She sent us a young girl Suja (from Konni) to take care of our 5 month old baby in Chennai, even though we insisted on getting an elderly lady. She doesnt know to take care of the kid nor does she do any other work..wants to watch tv, all serials and movies and sleep for 3hrs in the afternoon. She is just 25 and a divorcee, this is what she says..cant trust them! Within 2 weeks itself the agency lady Gayathri started asking us to send her back and she will send someone else. So we booked ticket for Suja and sent her back(all on our expense), but she didnt send anyone. Whenever we called she said, today someone is coming and she'll ask them. Finally we got another person from another agency. Since my mom pestered her for the advance she finally gave back half of the advance. We understood that she intentionally sent this girl who wont stay anywhere for more than a month. She is one of Gayathris favorite maids, they keep hugging each other whenever they meet. Beware of this girl and Asraya agency! Both these ladies pair up and cheat poor customers of their advance money.
    I have got maids from different agencies. Never trust agency maids, they just try to make money easily by looting people..none of them are willing to work..