1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do I Have Too Much To Handle?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Rakhii, Oct 1, 2018.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

:) thanks dear

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@sbonigala Thank you so much for the very detailed response. I greatly appreciate it. I must say, you have nailed it. So very organised! I have been meaning to order the grocery online for the past one year now. Your post quite literally inspired me into ordering today (which I am proud to say, that I did). And what’s more, I only ordered what is on my list! Not one item extra went in the shopping cart. Ordering the groceries online will surely save good 1.5 hours during the weekend.

Thank you for empathising with my situation instead of brushing me off saying, we all do this. Since you were in my shoes, you know. I think the major concern for me (where my family grew to 2 kids and a pup) is that hubby is unable to pitch in on a day to day work. He works nights and i work days; completely opposite schedules. Today is Friday, I havent seen him yet since Monday morning before I left at 6 AM. So we literally didnt see each other from monday morning till friday evening.

Last night, I told myself, I wont yell. No matter what, I wont yell. We get home, I let the puppy in the backyard, told my son (3) not to let the puppy in until I say so. The moment I turned around, he opened the door. I lose my **** but don’t say a word. I explain again for the 100th time why its important to listen to mommy. Meanwhile the puppy runs on my floor with her legs just fresh from mud. I told the kids to grab the lysol and clean the mess (which they did...but you see my point? One 2 min job will take me 15 mins and I am NOT exaggerating).
    Everybody is hungry, cranky etc

I miss hubby being around. I also leave home at 6 AM (drop the kids at daycare) and return at 5:30.

We are still working out our new routine with the puppy, maybe I will feel less overwhelmed once I get the hang of it. I do like taking her for a walk though; Of course my 3 year old and my 6 year old would join me and she told me last night about the boy who went to the washroom and came out without flushing. We had a good laugh. I see the point of having this time, down time. I am unable to implement it for meals but we do this talk on a different routine. I guess i need to hang on to this like my dear life.

I get the gist of you post. While I cannot implement a few, I understand the underlying message it is trying to convey. And you are so right when you talk about how important it is to maintain and nurture the marital relationship too. I have to constantly remind myself of my same. The man also works equally hard.

Thank you so much again for reiterating the need to be organised and the need to keep maintaining the romance with the spouse.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Mehana and sbonigala like this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Yes you have too much to handle..a full time job, two kids , a pup and a husband who is hardly around, living abroad and no domestic help..
    Looking after a pup is almost as demanding as having a third kid!
    You could have got a pup some more years later when both the kids are older and more responsible..
    You could reduce those after school activities, and give them more time at home and with you..
    I'm settled in India, and really admire those super moms abroad who balance household, cooking , full time job, kids etc so efficiently ..I wonder how they do it all without being physically and mentally exhausted..
    Take a day off now and then when you're not feeling so great, or drained out, you deserve it..don't feel guilty about it.