Do I Have A Chance?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Arusree, May 20, 2019.

1. Arusree

Arusree New IL'ite

Hello,

I had follicle monitoring this month and had trigger shot on 14th day with 3 good follicles. BD on 11th & 13th day. But after trigger shot, DH got fever due to which we could not BD. Now our doctor had prescribed set of tablets from 17th day to protect conception if it happens . Should I go ahead and take these medicines thinking I have a chance or should I just cancel this cycle since nothing happened after trigger shot?

Thanks in advance.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Op,

The egg is released between 36 to 48 hrs after the trigger shot.
    If you are sure that in this period u did not have BD - No harm. Just inform your doctor about your dilemma. If he still feels u should take the medicine go ahead and take it.
    I'm assuming the medicines prescribed is progesterone. This is given just to be on a safer side and is additional supplement .
    Our body makes enough progesterone to start and sustain a pregnancy.
    In case you are pregnant (most likely no in your case) the progesterone produced by your body is enough.
    Have a word with your doctor. Your confusion would be cleared.
    Good luck :)

Amulet, SinghManisha and saileela85 like this.
  3. Arusree

Arusree New IL'ite

Thanks for the response. Yes the prescribed medicines were progesterone, estradiol and another to main the Endo lining..

Well I had this doubt considering that sperm can live upto 5 days..Anyhow will be able to call doctor tonight.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. saileela85

saileela85 Bronze IL'ite

You definitely have..follow your subconscious and things will work the way you want..
    waiting for the good news from you

5. Arusree

Arusree New IL'ite

Thank you so much for the response..Feels so good to know that I have a chance.

saileela85 likes this.
  6. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Having a word with your doctor about all your mentioned concerns will help. Getting a doctor's time is tough, hence before you call , get your doubts summarized and organized.