1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do Ageing Impact Parenting?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Anusowmyan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

beautiful description. If all the parents get settle this way, then the children will be definitely blessed. but life is different with everyone know! thanks for your reply SGBV

2. jenifermakson

jenifermakson New IL'ite

Yes it affect some time and some time complication comes in pregnancy. I will be good if you consult doctor for this concern.

3. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

jeniefermakson thanks for the suggestion.

4. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

Ageing does impact parenting - In a good way. Parenting improves with age; you learn to be more patient and understanding with your kids.

5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I feel there are different perspectives . One way is to have kids early (mid 20s )then you can spend some quality time with kids then fully concentrate on your career.but as everyone said you don't have experience and patience. It is like you are yet to settle financially and mentally but you have so much energy to play around with kids.

If we do it late(mid 30s) then we end up taking break from career, when we are in a good position . Then it may be difficult to reach back the same position after the parenting gap(if you are planning to take the break. Now a days there are options to take sabbatical leave or work from home etc). but then you may be financially settled and matured parent but pregnancy complications may come with it and you have less energy..

This one has nothing to do with the topic but this is the picture came to my mind when I saw your question. So just thought to post here.

2015 - 1.jpg

Sabitha likes this.
  6. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thanks for your reply stephanjohn.
    salad ! thanks for sharing your thoughts. all the three is not available at the same time.

salad likes this.
  7. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Well certainly with increase in age, we tend to gain more patience and right approach towards parenting (not cent percent though), however parenting at higher ages requires parents maintaining good health and energy to take care of the kids. On the moral development of the child, no doubt the child benefits from parents conceiving at higher ages, but has constraints on how well they can keep themselves healthy to take care of them as they grow. Reason: We live in a age where every thing is adulterated to the extent of consuming water. It would be not a easy sail, i believe.

However we have our elders too, while we mother or father a child at young age, the best possible values of life our kids get is through grandparents. I believe parenting at right age, 25 to 35 is ideal.

8. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing your thoughts on parenting.

MaruthiRao likes this.
  9. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Thank you for consideration :)

10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Well, I fall in OP's example case. Older parent - is not good and easy and affects parenting style.
    Me and my H have siblings that our parents had at late age for their own reasons.

First, it gives us less window to decide on another kid , sibling to kid, which I feel is necessary.
    Then it takes much longer to recover from birth and at older age, we are more mature and independent and kid suddenly comes to life and changes everything. Like we need to miss our regular weekend late night parties, movies or binges .Its hard for us to change and accept the changes as we grow older. All this adds to post partum blues.
    Then recovery from loose ligaments, sore feet, broken back, squatting to pick a toy blocks from floor is much hard at that age. Also at mature age, we fuss about everything, food, nutrition, education as we have seen too much.
    Financial problems retirement planning problems aside.
    You know they say "Happy mom, Happy baby"

Too young may not be good too.