"Diya's Dilemma" - Contest for the month of June

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Laxmi, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Diya's Dilemma -
    Contest for the month of May

Wondering if this is yet another Sub-forum for me to post my maiden venture into Short stories or Ramblings. Stop there, this is the thread to announce the contest for the month of June. Contest is based on an imaginary situation for you to analyze and give the best possible solution.

Details of the Contest - Read on……

Sushma and Sanjay Khanna are happily married with three daughters Diya, Ria and Nisha. Diya is married and settled in Jaipur. Ria after her Masters degree in University of Illinois is well placed in the Sillicon Valley and climbing the corporate ladders.

As usual during her Sunday chat through Skype with her sister Diya, Ria literally dropped the bombshell. Looks like Ria is in love with her colleague and they both are set for exchanging the nuptial ring. She went on about her Prospective would-be and the bottom line is that the guy is an Afro-American. Earlier Ria, through ISD call, had disclosed the same issue to her parents too. The cross-country barrier, cultural barrier, differences in food habits and so many other obstacles seems to be a non-disturbing factors for Ria. Diya argued about the future of their younger sister Nisha and about the difficulties of she getting any prospective marriage proposals.

More than an hour was spent on chat, but nothing could stop Ria. Diya is broad minded and modern to understand the true aspects of love and at the same time she is rational in thinking about her parent’s perspective too. She is ambivalent in taking up sides. Neverthless Ria seeks her help in convincing her parents for the marriage to be fixed with their consent. Now the tough task ahead, Diya is forced to take a decision one way or the other.

Now comes the contest…….

Wear your thinking caps and put yourself in Diya’s shoes.
    • How would you address this situation with amicable solution for all those involved?
    • Would you take up the sides of your parents and convince Ria out of the marriage.
    • Would you take up the sides of your Sister Ria and convince them in fixing up the marriage for the sake of love.

Send in your entries highlighting the reasoning involved and how the convincing would take place.
    Your entries be sent through a Private Message to Induslady.
    Ladies, after sending your entries as PM to Induslady do post a message here in this thread which could motivate other ILites to post their entries too.
    Contest is open till June 30<SUP>th</SUP> 2007.
    All the Best for your entries to the contest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner of this contest is announced here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-3.html#post93465

Winning entry is here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-3.html#post93546

Runners up and their entries are listed below

Honeybee - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-4.html#post93863
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-4.html#post93864

Malathijagan - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-4.html#post93911

VidhyaS - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...s-dilemma-contest-month-june-5.html#post94113

Check out to join us in congratulating the winner!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2007

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies!
    I have submitted an entry for this thread. Hope a lot morepeople contribute here to make it a great success.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  3. Laxmi

Hello Malathijagan
    Thanks for your extremely quick response to the contest. I hope your particpation in Diya's Dilemma contest is inspirational for our fellow ILites also to send in their entries.
    Ladies, particpate in the contest and win with your pen (rather keyboard)

4. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

posted my reply to private msge

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  5. Laxmi

Hi Sujakalyan
    Thanks for Your entry to the contest. Your Private message is forwarded to Induslady.

6. VidhyaS

VidhyaS New IL'ite

sent through PM to Laxmi,
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  7. Laxmi

Hello Vdhya
    Received your entry for Diya's dilemma contest.
    I have forwarded your entry to Induslady.
    Ladies,
    As mentioned in my earlier post, please send in your entries to Induslady through Private Message.

1 person likes this.
  8. purnimak

purnimak New IL'ite

Hi All..
    This is Purnima ,from Newjersey.I finished my masters in MCA and till now busy with 2 wonderful kids.I started my job trails now.I am much happy to share my thoughts with IL.

Thanking You for giving me a chance to share my views with U..

regards
    Purnima.

Moderator's Note:

Thanks for participating in the conest. Entry should be sent as Private Message to Induslady and not to be posted in the open forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  9. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Laxmi,

I have submitted my entry for "Diya's dilemma"contest. Hey all the IL ladies, come on, go ahead and submit ur entries for the contest......... Its fun.........

Regards,
    Geeta.

3 people like this.
  10. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Laxmi, I have posted my entry. Interesting contest mmm....

Regards,
    Sujatha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.