1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali-sweet Or Sour

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jeeves,

I left Sulekha almost a decade back, when some changes were made there to make it creative. Bina Gupta, PBS, Sopphiz, Purfriendship, Nargis Natarajan, Sunkan were the most active bloggers there during those times. Here also, due to personal commitments I do not write much often. It was only a guess I made regarding your identity, from the style of your writing, but Balaji spilled the beans. I try to remain anonymous due to personal reasons, with no offence or hard feelings towards you. Once again I wish you a very successful innings here at IL forum.

Agatha83

Jeeves likes this.
  2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

I understand :))
    Well anyway..let me tell you something..
    Your last line " Once again I wish you a very successful innings at IL." Too late my dear Agatha..
    I sent a mail to I L Stas asking them to deactivate my account. This forum seens to hold no interest for me.
    I will drop in as an outsider to read posts by you, Cheeniya, Thyagarajan, Satchthanabnda, Sushila etc. etc. :)
    Bye for now:))

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Krishna Sweets had a humble beginning in Coimbatore over six decades ago. It was just another Sweet Stall until the founder hit upon the technique of making softer version of Mysore Pak. When it became soft, the 'k' was removed from Pak and it became Mysore Pa. People of the current generation may not even know how the original version looked and tasted. I still remember the yummy Mysore Pakku and Laddu that my mother made for Diwali. My wife is from Madurai. Her family would make for Diwali something called 'Okkarai' which is a kind of sweet in a powdery form.

5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Long before the arrival of Krishna Sweets, it was Grand Sweets which was ruling the market, with its authentic Sweets and savouries. I still remember the tantalising aroma of Pulikachal and thiratupal, hitting me, even before I could step in to 2nd Main Road of Gandhinagar Adyar. Now all that is history and for the present we have ghee dripping Krishna Sweets Mysore Pa, which my mother adores.

Okkarai belongs to Tirunelveli region, which my MIL tirelessly prepared every Diwali for the entire family. Making Mysore Paku is an art and depending on the sugar consistency, it turns either soft as a Mysore pa or hard as a rock, sure to knock down even the best bowlers.

Regards,

Agatha83

Frangipani likes this.