1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Is Not Yet Over! Be Ready For Another Gift From Your Friend!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 22, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Rajeswari,
    whatever it is, either way, no apology is needed. Reading this post you seem to be very familiar. I am just scratching my brain for all "rajeswaris" that I know. (not many, I assure you).
    kadhai vidarathu is my favourite pastime and business rolled into one. When the income tax officer questions the expense accounts of my clients the creative juices would overflow and I start spinning such a good yarn that at times the client himself starts to believe that they are true. I think writing became a by-product of that which I honed later.
    So what I want to tell you now is that my "kadhai ezhutarathu" is strongly rooted in my "kathai vidarathu". Howzzat?
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Next Thread Posted!

Most Gracious ILites,
    As we were still reeling from the effects of discussing the book, “Why Men Don’t Listen And Women Cant Read Maps” I did not post anything last Wednesday. The excerpts from that book have made most ILites look down upon their husbands. Some of them to please me, went out of the way, to say that probably I may be an exception. I repeated this compliment to my wife and got a derisive laughter in response.
    Goodness and evil, I should say, at the most are evenly distributed between the sexes as you will see from this story, Brothers Keeper. I loved writing this story. Surprsiingly none of the Tamil magazines wanted to publish it. But Womans Era published it to raving reviews. The story is a little longish; but Womans Era thought it fit not to change even a word in the story.
    Kamla, didn’t I tell you in my mail that as a writer simple and routine things go to make profound stories than grand things and great sacrifices? And you would agree with me once you finish reading this.
    Happy reading ILites.
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

There Are Good Men And Good Women! Period!

Yes, ILites, there are good people, enough of them. And my story which is there in the latest Dinamalar-Varamalar is an explanation of that statement.
    Please use the link below to go to that thread and read the story in Tamil (The English Version of the story is The Scandal; since this is slightly ethnic, better read in Tamil) and leave your comments there.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3245

regards,
    Varalotti

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you

Dear Sridhar,

Thanks for bringing this latest publication to our attention. Another feather in your cap! Way to go, we are proud of our own Varalotti Rengasamy:)

L, Kamla

5. varalotti

Ghostwriting!

Yes, Most Gracious ILites, that's the one-word theme of a short story of mine which has appeared in DH of today.
    I am giving here the link to the thread where the story is introduced, as usual by Chitra, and this thread contains links to read the story.
    Please read the story and let me have your views.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3243

regards,
    Varalotti

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  6. varalotti

A Video Presentation For This Wednesday!

Most Gracious ILites,
    For this Wednesday thread I am saying it with a picture, actually a video. A video which hurt me when I saw it the first time, and hurts me whenever I see it or even think of it.
    This is the disease of the new age and in its effect even worse than Aids. Condoms at least provide some measure of protection against Aids.
    But against this... we are powerless.
    Have a look at the video and give your views, not as a courtesy to your Varalotti, but to discharge your social responsibility.
    Varalotti

7. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Re: tooo good, CV

After reading this,I am eagly waiting to read that book....

Chitra - Hi mam, I simply loved the way you wrote abt man and woman....You captured the difference very beautifully....

8. varalotti

Re: tooo good, CV

thanks, Radhica
    sridhar