1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Is Not Yet Over! Be Ready For Another Gift From Your Friend!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

An interesting news, Sridhar !

As I have already mentioned to you, V never discusses I L with me. Ofcourse, I have given him the full freedom to think, that IL boosts me, whereas only he knows the (non existent) worth of this myth called chitvish !
    Today I just happened to mention to him that Sridhar has written some excerpts from a book called "Why men can't ". Will you believe, he has already written down the name of the author & has rushed to Higginbothams in this rainy weather ! I do not think, he will ever read my reply to you ! So much for the mystery called a man or a husband !
    Yet another joke, I cannot help sharing with you. Last week he asked me suddenly if you were the founder member of I L .
    I said " no". He says " Sridhar is hiding the truth from you . They why, do you think, this site is called Indusladies. He insists, it is in honour of your wife !
    Ithu eppadi irukku, Sridhar ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Refreshing time off!

HI Varalotti,

its very refreshing reading your "lighter side of life" snippet.Of course, it is "lighter side" only to read , but loads of truth and understanding about the opposite sex in simple terms.

I have read the book not once but about innumerous times. Not just for the sake of reading, but it made me understand a lot of truth "humourosly" :)

Thanks for the wonderful post Varalotti!

Purni

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Got to read this book!

Dear Sridhar,
    Hope you had a wonderful Deepavali with your family. Heard about this book will definitely get one and read it.

Some of the excerpts from the book are so very true Sridhar. Probably this book to some extent will help you understand the opposite gender better. LETS SEE after finishing the book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Mrs C as usual experience speaks for itself.

Love,

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sridhar for bringing out these differences between both the GREATEST SPECIES God has created on this earth....looks like a well researched book.....and i guess it does make sense .
    Like Meena has rightly said....all these differences only makes our life interesting....if not its gotta be boring!

And Chitra Ma'am, your experience shows in your writing....maybe you should contemplate writing a book on your experiences.....wow, you have really given everything in a nutshell.....very profound!

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I know that all human beings have negative points too and only the spouse will know the real self of the person. But women are always compelled to know men and adjust to them, rather than both trying to adjust. I hope the present generation may be successful in this aspect.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

For Chitra....

Oh oo.......V sir looking out for a book and that too "Why men can't..." Even if he might feign ignorance about your popularity on IL, I am not so sure if he is to be believed..so watch out Chitra!!
    Looks like he is a match for you in everyway, just note his thought process!.....For maybe he is right...'INDU'sladies.......hm...that is surely a matter to think about. What say you??:)) Maybe Varalotti knows more!!

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I could not have had better appreciation, Chitra!

The Great V himself daring the rain to get a copy of the book suggested by this small, V! My God! I am moved, touched and honoured. I only pray that he should like the book for more than the authors' reputation my credibility is at stake. Chitra, you need to introduce some special slokas for this purpose.

Indhu was also amused by that joke. 'Whoever thought that you could own a site like that and you would give your wife's name to that!' this was her response.

And while on this it is my duty to place on record the great idea, the dedication and the skills of Induslady who is effortlessly managing 1500 plus women and one man (to manage whom, my wife says, IL would require more stamina than managing the other 1500 plus) and is continuously attracting more and more women. IL membership is now soaring like the sensex. May Meena Madam bless Induslady with all the strength and stamina required to manage this wonderful site.

regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks Purnima!

Hi Purni,
    I just read the book once. But the impact was tremendous. And about lighter side of life I have always found that the most serious and the grandest of all truths come to us only in our lighter moments.
    I am happy you enjoyed my post in spite of the fact that you had read the book earlier.
    Thanks,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Good Decision!

Dear Anjana,
    Thanks for your wishes. Hope you and your family had a great celebration. Read the book as early as possible. Even reading it a day earlier might prevent a quarrel or reinforce the love. Owing to the constraint of space and owing to the fact that I was just leading you all to the book, I gave only some short excerpts. There are pages and pages of humorous findings which are 200% true. I now feel that had I read the book some 20 years earlier I would have been a better husband. But, better late than never.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

You are right, The Differences Add to the spice!

Dear Sudha,
    Yes, but for the differences there would not have been any attraction between the sexes at all.
    In fact Carl Sagan writes in The Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors that death came in only after sex. The uni-cellular organism was just dividing itself and propogating. At that time there was no death. Then by a strange mutation the organism decided to copy the better features of other cells. And the genders, the sexes were born. And in the new schema the old had to give way to the new. And so death was born. (A paradox or an irony?)
    Once we know the areas we differ we tend to respect our partners more and even love him or her more. That's the purpose of reading books like this.
    thanks,
    sridhar

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006