1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Is Not Yet Over! Be Ready For Another Gift From Your Friend!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear rajeshwary !

You write so cute, so brief and so sweet !
    Thankyou for your complimets.
    But let me admit
    Varalotti = Mt Everest ( malai)
    Chitvish = Anamalai ( madu), a hillock near my Madurai
    I am sure I L ites will agree !
    Love & regards,
    Chith.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Meena !

You have asked HOW TRUE ?
    Well, madam, I write
    the truth
    only the truth
    nothing but the truth !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I Gave Excerpts; You Gave the Essence

Dear Chitra,

I just gave the excerpts from an enjoyable book; and you gave the very essence of it. As Rajeswary said your post was poetic. Good work.

Women, particularly Indian women, especially those like Chitvish who have lived a full life with mils, dils, sils, bils et al have always known the truths contained in these aphorisms. The corresponding knowledge for the masculine sex, I am afraid to admit, is deplorably poor. For men, women had always been a kind of conquest. Like the king capturing another land, a man goes, woos and captures another woman. In order to secure his capture he goes out of the way to woo her, to please her. But once he knows for sure that she wont go away then he takes her for granted and either exploits her or is simply indifferent to her. So more than women, men need to read books like these. But would they? A million dollar question.

If women had known this all along, why should we at all read the book? That's the fundamental question. If you just want to know the truths contained in the book, just read Chitra's post and be done with that. But women utter most of these truths not with happiness but with a resignation and bitterness. It is here the book comes to their assistance. It explains the biological disposition of men and women and gives a scientific explanation for these home truths. In many houses you would see the man sitting and gazing far beyond or listlessly flipping the channels on the Television. This is a remnant of our lives in those cave-dwelling days. Men have returned from hunting; the family has eaten and is about to go to bed in their cave. Men would sit in the entrance and would be gazing far beyond to look for predators, for other men, enemies or allies. He would also be planning about the tools for the next day's hunting, exploring new hunting grounds etc.

Once women know this fact they would not be annoyed by the kind of selective deafness practised by their husbands when they come eagerly to talk about their day. Again the authors have adduced evidence to prove that men can't read newspapers and listen to their wives at the same time. That's why women at times have to literally tear the newspaper apart to get their man's attention.
    Knowing these truths and the basis for them would free women from their fixed patterns of behaviour and nagging which puts marriage to the ultimate test.

Thanks Chitra for your wonderful post.
    While signing off ladies, let me make it clear once again, that no gender is superior to the other. They have been created perfectly equal yet beautifully different.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Happy Id-ul-Fitr, Shahana

Hi Shahana,

As I am writing this you would be celebrating the Id. Id Mubarak.
    The one advice I received from one of my mentors is that "Strive to be different in every writing." But the credit for the differentiation in IL should go to my friends most of them being ILites who offer endless variety of ideas to make my post interesting.
    The book is a highly researched publication and our not agreeing with some of the statements is not in any way going to alter the fact. But nothing said there is derogatory; the authors have take pains to explain that we have inherited those characteristics from our cave-dwelling ancestors.
    regards,
    thanks for the reply, Shahana
    sridhar

5. varalotti

True, Meenu, but not just a time-pass!

Dear Meenu,
    What Chitra said is 200% true. But my request to you is that the book should not be regarded as mere timepass. It has some eternal wisdom which will smoothen our lives and lubricate our relationships.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

I am flattered, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    You have made me an exception. I am really flattered to receive that compliment from you in the presence of all the gracious women of this site.
    But whether I am different or not can only be confirmed by my one and only wife. As a friend, as a writer, as a contributor, I might be extraordinarily good. Who knows these might all be masks and pretensions. Only my wife (and to some extent my daughter) know my real face. So please don't have any high opinion of me without talking to them first.
    Yes, as you said, most of the men would not be interested in such books. The typical men would read either books on maximising money in the stock market (hunting tendency) or a soft-****-thriller (sex and violence is a powerful turn-on for most men) or take refuge in religion.
    I think I am now ready to wite a book "Why Men Don't Read Those Books and Why Women Dont Miss Them"
    Ha ha ha!
    Thanks for your pleasing words, which true or not, definitely made me happy.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

I am happy that the pattasu went off well!

Dear Kamla,
    As boys we always had the nagging doubt whether the pattasu which we have lit will explode or not. In those days that was the only metaphysical question we had. Thankfully this pattasu of mine went on well and it exploded into happiness in the minds of the most gracious ILites.
    Chitra need not read those books; she can write books like that.
    Thanks for the post,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks Rajeswary!

Dear fan of mine,
    thanks for those beautiful words.
    I practise "kadhai ezhutharathu" during night and "kadhai vidarathu" during the day.
    I don't know which kadhai you are praising. Whatever it is, thanks a ton.
    The one thing I cant ever do is writing kavithai. I am happy that there is a person to convert my kadhai vidarathu into kavidhai.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Chitra, No Comments

NO COMMENTS

10. varalotti

I also need to know about another species, Meena!

Hello Meena,

I have given almost all my life to know about another species. It is so widely prevalent and even after living with four wonderful specimens of that species, after moving with hundreds and thousands of such specimens, after having read volumes about the habitat, eating habits, shopping forays and violent encounters of that species, after writing about that specie all my writing life, my knowlege about that specie would fit into the navel of a fire fly. I mean the wonderful specie called, woman.
    Can you suggest some sources of knowledge, Madam?
    sridhar