1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali does not have the same charm like our childhood days

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 8, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Diwali does not have the same charm like our childhood days. So much changes arethere. During our childhood days we used to wait for Diwali as only during Diwali we used to get new dresses. I still remember the printed satin pavadai with pink melakku which was my favourite during my teenage. Had to get up at 4 a.m., mother or grandmother will keep ennai on our head and then we go for oil bath and then wear the new dress.Take elders blessings. Then lit the patakas. Go to temple and visit relatives house. Idli, sambhar with chutney will be the breakfast with palaharam made for Diwali. Wow still my mouth waters thinking of the palaharam and sweets which my grandmother used to make. She was expert in making kai murukku. My brother used to like sevai made by her. It used to be so difficult to make with sevai nazhi but still she usedt to make and give us yummy food.

This year Diwali was not so interesting as I missed my children and also IL. As always we went to the temple, wore a new sarees given as gift by my dh's nieces for my 70th birthday. Only next day went to my younger daughter's in law's house with palaharam and spent sometime with them.

2 people like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I responded to you already on your other Deepavali post.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Viswa dear for your fb and making me happy

4. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Donot Worry Vijji Amma, You can enjoy next Diwali with lot of charm :).
    My last 4yrs Diwali's are dull,,but I am happy this Diwali, i think after 5 yrs i have celebrated it at home with my parents and DH. I was on cloud 9 while litting patakas. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Madhavi dear sorry for the late reply. Glad to know this diwali you celebrated with your parents and dh. Ya hope next Diwali I am able to celebrate with my children

6. silliboy

silliboy New IL'ite

I ever further to simulation the evaluation noesis and this event I recovered in you communicator. It is important to choose right one since the first time. This has given very useful information.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the fb