1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Dhoom 2012 - Drawing Contest for IL'ites Kids!

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Induslady, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Mine has seen fire crackers up close only once in her life when she was around 2.5 years. Remembers it vaguely only. :-(

She only remembers the pyrotechnic shows and does not know to draw the firecrackers that we individuals use. :rotfl

Felt very sorry for her. Have to take her to India during Diwali next time. :bonk

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitap,

That's the disadvantage for our kids when we live abroad, not able to experience or know much about our festivities, traditions and more in detail.

However, you should still ask her to make a greeting card just wishing Happy Diwali with her own drawings in it that she thinks would go with the wish :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Sure will ask her to make the greeting card Induslady. :)
    Thanks.

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

HI IL ADMIN, thanks for kickstarting the thread. ur DDs greeting card to her grandparents is simply superb.

Prana - lovely card that too when it is made by little hands, its worth is more.

Vidhya - ur daughter's idea of drawing the lamp in the dress is very nice. the greeting card luks good.

andal

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swathi14,
    Thanks for your compliments! She wanted to do the entire card all by herself and colors also her own combinations.

6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your lovely compliments Andal....

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

diwaliy - paiynt.JPG Friends, i am sending the greeting card prepared by DS Keerthivasan - in MS paint. the card is for his brother (my sister's son) Shriram - who is in bangalore now. He is Keerthivasan's close friend and they will share everything under the world. So the card is dedicated to Shriram.

Plz view and give ur comments. He has drawn all type of crackers he loves to burst and a hot coffee served with sweets.

andal

11 people like this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prana, Vidhyalakshmi, Andal
    Lovely cards dears .....

9. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

inspired by kirthi's work my son shriraam wanted to show his work to his brother. Wishing all happy diwali

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  10. dharashah2

dharashah2 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My lil one luvs drawing and he is almost creating a new Diwali card daily once I told him that Diwali..is near by .:thumbsup
    He is studying in Class -1(5 Years Old) and they have to say something about their favorite festival and he choose "Diwali". He took the line "People Clean and Decorate their houses with Lights and Diyas..." very seriously and make me clean the house and decorate it during Diwali ....:hide:
    Here I am posting his Diwali Card..which he loved most and created for his teacher

Arjav's Diwali card :

https://picasaweb.google.com/dharakothari4u/ArjavDiwaliCard#5811467678038473874
    https://picasaweb.google.com/dharakothari4u/ArjavDiwaliCard#5811467469948319298

1 person likes this.