Diwali Decoration And Craft Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I didnt line the saree Amica. I started with a very old silk saree (20 years old). Basically something i know that I wont wear and something that doesn't hold any personal memories. Cut the saree in half (measure the windows first; mine are floor to ceiling windows). simple stitch will do that can hold the curtain rod (no frill/will business). I couldnt find the old hardrive; i will surely post the pic soon.

I finished the wreath (helped kids I mean). I feel its too much glitter (my 6 year olds choice). I am thinking I will hang it up on the front door on the inside. bad lighting in the pic but looked alright.

Attached Files:

Amica likes this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

There's no such thing as too much glitter! It looks really cool. :thumbup:

3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

For me Diwali shopping starts in July. During 4th of July celebration, I buy enough sparklers for Diwali. For decorations, I have collected many things over the years- like those beautiful metallic shubh-labh signs for both side of the doors, wool flower garlands, and the colorful bird strings.
    Walmart and Michael sell the tea lights and floating lights. We put lights in front yards (string LED) that stay until after Christmas.
    We made a wreath similar to Rakhii last year, haven’t started anything this year.
    There is so much stuff available on Amazon. One of the years I bought Diwali books for all my friends kids and my kids. We read those books every Diwali now.

Attached Files:

Amica likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Wow! Good ideas, @nuss. Thanks for sharing.

Pretty wreath! And those wool flower garlands look really cool. I've never seen them before.

5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Amica. Those strings are made out of Pom poms. Great project for the kids. These are also sold on Etsy you can specify colors too. That picture was from an Etsy seller.
    Mine are a little different. My sister is a social worker and works with underprivileged women. She always has incredible ideas and I like to buy for multiple reasons.
    I also use these strings to display holiday cards.

Attached Files:

shravs3 and Amica like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@nuss, the strings look lovely. I need to get some of those.

The peacock feather wreath is super awesome! :thumbup:

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Looks very neat @nuss . I like your idea if pom-poms and pipe cleaners. I will try it.

Amica likes this.
  8. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Nice Ideas @Rakhii and @nuss

We did Diwali celebrations at our office last year, me and My colleague did lot of DIY. Sharing pic for reference..
    The Urli pots on side are Terracota planters got from HD and spray painted. Flower vase in the middle is a DIY, the wooden stool with bells is done by my DH. the flower strings are made with color tissue rolls from dollar tree.

IMG_1094.jpg

sravani

Amica likes this.
  9. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

I like these ideas as well, planning to make few of them -

Amica likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing this @sravanitenali! Lots of good ideas. :thumbsup:

If you don't mind saying, where did you get the stool and the bells? It looks lovely.