1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by rarejewel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I need some advice from you all. I am seperated from last 3 years. I filed for divorce 2 years back but the proceedings aren't going anywhere. Everytime either H doesn't come to court or judge just gives next date. I have filed for maintenence also but my H is giving lots of paper to judge and judge is getting confused. I am extremely qualified but I am not able to get job due to lot of gap after college, not able to concentrate due to divorce, not able to pass interviews etc. Now judge is telling everyone has problems and just because I am depressed doesn't mean I should not work. And my lawyer is asking us to withdraw the maintenance case. Is my lawyer not good? Last 2 years the reconciliation is going on and divorce case hasn't even started. I am now fed up of travelling every month to attend the case. I have wasted lakhs on travel to attend the cases in last 2 years.

Is this how long divorces/maintence cases take? Is my lawyer not handling the case well? should I withdraw the maintenencase case?

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Dear rarejewel...

could i know from where you have filed the case? in india or elsewhere? because there is something called as ex-parte divorce..if the other party doesnt come for hearing then you can get your papers..
    so coming to job lookout...when did you graduate and what was your major?
    do you have kids? ....

September2015 likes this.
  3. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

I am in India. I know about ex-parte but my H is not wanting to give divorce. The problem is he doesn't come sometimes and some times he comes. He is trying to delay the divorce. I graudated 10 years back in IT field. I have no kids, our marriage only lasted 1.5 years.

4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hmmm as per my knowledge no lawyer will ask to withdraw a case... better eye on him whether he is bribed by your H in any manner..this could be one point.
    whats confusing for the judge ? lots of paper i dont understand..you better ask clarity and i know what it is to be depressed and i am in the same boat as you are.
    I understand that you graduated in 2007,same batch as i was. did you not work at all?
    be strong.. who is supporting you now?

sindmani likes this.
  5. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

I know about ex-parte but my H is not wanting to give divorce. The problem is he doesn't come sometimes and some times he comes. He is trying to delay the divorce.---- does he come once in three hearings?

6. rarejewel

rarejewel Junior IL'ite

He comes once in 2 hearings, in middle he was coming every time. Now he just tells his lawyer to file some papers and he doesn't come. The judge is lazy, just giving date after date. Yes I worked for 2 years. I want him to pay for maintenance because he earns a lot and was a spendthrift. He only cares about money. He has given false payslip to court, but I am unable to prove. We only asked our lawyer to take back the maintenance case as its taking too long.

7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Is maintenance money the reason for him to not give you divorce ?

Is all the delay happening only because your husband doesn't want to pay maintenance money ?

Is he ready to give divorce if you withdraw the maintenance case?

If that is the case, which is more important to you , divorce or maintenance money ?

Do you think you would have probably had a better life n saved the lakhs, moved on, found a better match if you weren't wasting all this years for this maintenance?

Even if you win the maintenance case, will he actually let you live in peace considering all the games he is already playing ?

How many more years are you planning to wait?

- few things to try.. I really dono the legalities of all three, but jus suggesting from a common man's point of view.

Why don't you hire a private investigator or use a friend's contact or speak to the company HR and get a copy of his payslip n bank account statement which will show the judge how much he truly makes.

Change the lawyer

Change the judge

Get a job, if you truly can't cope with it, start with some social service / ngo jobs slowly, it may give you the feel good factor n build your confidence.

9. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear OP

In India which place you belong to? My friend had more complicated issue with her H and divorce. Her case did not progress even after a year of filing. She did change a lawyer recently whom we met and found to be one of the good lawyer for such cases. My friend was in similar mind set like you. This new lawyer assured that there are law very much viable for women and we lack the awareness of this, especially in Family court. This is in chennai. If interested you could take her consultation. I will get the details from my friend and PM you. Wish you good luck

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  10. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Op, your lawyer seems to be unprofessional. It is the duty of lawyers from both the ends to settle a compensation amount. You need to hire a new lawyer. Once your H agrees on the compensation part, you both can get divorce through mutual consent which takes less than a year to get resolved, speaking from my own experience.

Thyagarajan likes this.