1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Dishwasher in USA

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by pavithra17, Jan 29, 2012.

1. pavithra17

pavithra17 New IL'ite

Hii , thanks for your reply. the oven was very dirty and has lot of burnt marks like in black colour and they previous owner has kept some bricks below the oven. recently, light has also got fused.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Some ovens are self cleaning but the cheaper ones are not. If it is the second variety, you can buy oven cleaner spray and do that...a messy but effective task. The directions will be on the can and you should wear rubber glaves when you do this. There is an intermediate type of oven that has a rough interior surface that will self clean...you cannot use the spray method on that. If it is the first variety, there will be controls for cleaning cycle on the stove itself.

I assume the bricks are to level the stove...you might investigate if that is needed....perhaps you can buy a new leveling foot from a dealer.

When you are cleaning, many gas stoves have a lift up top to clean under it....you might check that out.

If the stove is electric (the coil type), you can for a modest cost replace the heating elements. They just pop into the oven or stove area. Light bulbs can be replaced...bulbs available at Walmart/other stores. If the stove is too hot or cold during usage, the knob may need recalibration. There are directions to do that but I have not done it. You can also buy a cheap thermometer that is for use in the oven and it will tell you the temperature variation.

3. pavithra17

pavithra17 New IL'ite

Azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cgbfc4jgr5t6

4. tashidelek2002

I took the time to try and help you and your response seems to be disrespectful. Is this any way to act?

5. pavithra17

pavithra17 New IL'ite

Hi
    tashidelek2002 ,

I am extremely thankful to you for all your suggestions and I have tried to reply on your comment several times but my 16 month old daughter will never allow me to do and will start playing with the laptop. The message that you see was typed by my daughter when I had kept this page open to reply to u and got engrossed in some domestic chores.

I had no idea that she had even typed this message to you. She is not scolding you here with bad words. She can hardly speak or u/s even the word amma.She just randomly typed something playfully. I hope that you will u/s the situation here and take it in the right spirit.

6. tashidelek2002

Thank you for clarifying and no harm taken. Well, it will make a good story in the future.