1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Disgusting Behaviour Of Husband When Ds Cries...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Kukudukuu, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Of late, my 4 year old DS has started becoming very fussy and cries till he gets what he wants. Reason, husband does not want him to cry. He asks me to say no to whatever DS asks. I see whether it is really important to say no to it. If required I say no. Then the crying episode begins. Husband intervenes and says you don't know how to manage him, you are teaching him bad behaviour and all that. Fact DS is very well behaved and listens to all that I say when husband is not around. How do I convince my husband what he is doing is not right ?
    I am working with a school and my parents are taking care of DS till I'm back, that is about 3 hours after he is back from school and then they go back home. Though ILs stay in the same city, they don't want to do anything and want to brainwash husband that I and my parents are spoiling D's behaviour. I am sooper fed-up with these disgusting ILs behaviour and the nonsense attitude of husband.

2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Give your parents break and ask your husband and IL's to teach your kid good manners for a month!

3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Tell your husband to ask his parents to take care of your kid from now on for those 3 hours like your parents are doing and also whatever extra work / help your parents were already doing for you.

Ask why should your parents work hard, compromising n adjusting their schedule, travelling everyday n run behind a small kid at this old age, n still get a bad name ? N that If his parents can do a better job at this, then you wana go for it. Tell him they are equal grandparents for the kid so you are in.

If your kid is crying more only in front of your husband, then it may be due to the way he reacts. Ask your husband to continue what he's doing n not even acknowledge the crying, as if he's not there. Once your son realized that he's not getting any reaction, he will reduce n stop.

Also tell your child that if he's throwing tantrums then he should go inside his room n come out only after he's done with his tantrum cries.

4. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.. I have told husband to tell his parents to take care of DS instead of mine. He knows they will not and keep quiet.

September2015 and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have tried doing this. He keeps quiet knowing very well that his parents will not do it...

stephanjohn likes this.
  6. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

Thought So! :) So the next time he shouldn't be intervening. And if he does, please remind him!

Kukudukuu likes this.
  7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Ask your H to do whatever support your parents were doing.

Why men have to be like that? They never appreciate whatever wife's parents do for them or kids or any gifts they give to kids and their parents ( guys) all praises for giving birth to them. Hunh... Men.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Don't tell your husband, ask his parents directly.When it comes to being taken care of in old age , inlaws are so entitled to live with son and DIL. But when it comes to taking care of the kids, they either want the DIL's parents to do or act like some huge favour.
    Tell your husband that you will ask your parents to move in with you permanently and forever, afterall they are travelling each day to take care of your kid. I hope that will put some sense in your inlaws.

Actually best option for you is to arrange a nanny in this case, than make your parents travel everyday. Or ask your husband to find solution himself. Why your parents should take all the trouble and still be criticised at the end of it.

Kukudukuu likes this.
  9. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Ladies this person messaged me asking what am I wearing today.

Moderaters please take care

10. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

My ILs do not want me to work at all.. so if I say something, they will very conveniently brush off asking me to stay at home..