Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

once the flooring is done,you can ask your builder to lay pop to ensure no harm is done to the tiles..and you can start with the woodwork..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kind of liked these two kitchen models..would work well in a indianised cooking environment...thought it will be useful to somebody here..:thumbsup

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Nice kitchens.

Has anyone come across back splash made from Glass Tiles. They look fantastic.

I think they can be pasted over the ceramic tiles directly. Do not know how long it will last in Indian environment.

The regular ceramic ones do look pretty dull.

glass tile backsplash - Bing Images

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ceremic back splashes now have more variety than before, only we need to scout for them..but in indian environment and pots and pans and ladles, glass tile is a risk unless you are freezer to mw and a show off kitchen according to my woodwork person..

and you can get them customised too, is what i was told, but i did not ask for more details for me more bling is a turn off....but here is the link i had bookmarked

Kitchen Glass Tiles - Kitchen Glass Tiles Exporter, Manufacturer & Supplier, Morbi, India

Pixel Glass Mosaic Tiles Manufacturers India in Delhi Dealers Distributors Suppliers NCR Mumbai Kolkata Chennai Madras Bangalore Chhattisgarh Hyderabad Kerala Rajasthan Gujarat Tamil Nadu Patna Bihar Haryana Jammu & Kashmir MP Madhya Pradesh Goa Maha

1 person likes this.
  5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Currently my home re-novation external work is going to complete. We are looking for wooden doors for home. Please suggest your ideas for this. Where we can get the good collections in chennai. if you have catalog please share with me.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhuvana

if your budge allows check out this place
    Arya Bhangy : Exquisite Hand Carved Doors (i have always been a fan of their doors..though have never used one.)

i remember you are from nanganallur area (?) if so you can come from vanuvampet to madipakkam on the left side after that vegetable shop there is a shop that does carving on wood..check out if they will give you a good design if you buy the wood..then buy a teak wood and give the design they should be able to give you the finished product. consult with your engineer before buying or giving measurements..any flaws will look bad..

7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

thanks shanvy... i am not in nanganallur. i am from ekkattuthangal anyway i will convey this to my DH and let you know...

8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy,

I would like to know more Info about Kichen hobs. Do you have any thoughts on the same.I am not getting proper reviews from the Net. One of my relative is also not so happy with the Kitchen Hob as she feels that the Flame is kind of Low so cookingtakes lot more time. Can you please let me know the Pros and Cons of using a Kitchen Hob?

Thanks,
    Bee

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i have a hob. and i have no problems. the issues starts when you don't maintain them well, just like a gas stove.

the layout of piping of gas is different in certain hobs and makes you think so.

the vessels you use for cooking matters. use a smaller one for the smaller burner and a real flat one for the bigger one.

the space in a four burner gas stove is more compared to a hob..

i have used a five burner, a electric hob, a four burner built in, a four burner duplex, and now a hob. maybe there can be a little variation but not too much.

i still finish cooking my kids breakfast, lunch in the same time i used to take while cooking in the normal gas stove..

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank You Shanvy. Would you like to recommend any particular Brand?