Discuss woodwork and modular kitchen

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Thanks shanthi for ur feedback....
    will share once work done....

2. SudhaManimaran

Hi,

We got the similar quote from one more person also reviewing the works done by both the persons we will decide in the next week.. will share u sure once we finalise on that person.

3. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Aparna,
    Lovely modular kitchen..I am also using modular kitchen.worth spending money in it..

1 person likes this.
  4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Thanx a lot Saikripa..

5. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Can someone please help with modular kitchens by Magick Woods, Chennai. How good are they? What are their strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you,

Usha

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

usha, good to have you here..no idea about magick, but will keep my ears open for any reviews..

7. kittubaba

kittubaba New IL'ite

Yes wooden cabinets made of ply wood are strong. MDF as long it does not have long shelves is strong, Particle board which is made modular way ie each cabinet no bigger than say 16 inches or so does not sag. You cannot keep extremely heavy stuff in particle board cabinets but normal loads like clothes and some books are OK.
    Not having a loft gives you flexibility in sizing the cabinets. Usually a wardrobe height and some thing box smaller in size on top of that is used. Though you can go up to roof with more cabinets if your roof is high. Accessibility is something you have to see.
    Base cement slab is a good Idea in Indian homes as it will allow washing of floors without worry. In case you dont have a cement slab usually the wadrobe bottom is raised by a 4-6 inches of the ground and the base is made of hollow. there is tendency for insects and dust to go underneath it though.

8. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi, really kind of you.

Usha

9. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi

Can anyone help me in finding a carpenter in Medavakkam area. I am planning to do some wood work for my house.

Thanks in advance

Malar

10. SudhaManimaran

Hi All,
    I would like to share my experience with one woodwork person.He is doing my flat woodwork(Still doing from march :rant).
    His name is Augustin . We found him in Sai furnishing Madipakkam. They recommend him. Though all his work (personally visited few houses he has done)and even now with my flat is very much appealing.
    But he is not at all punctual and disciplined in his business.
    He started this contract in march end.(Rates are reasonable we felt and decided him). very worst .done the whole contract of around 2lacs with two person(Still doing)whether he is progressing the work or not will come for the payment weekly once to house in the morning without any call.:rant
    So please if anyone comes around this person thorugh any reference get him detailed agreement of when he can complete the work if not what is the procedure in written.(We have failed to do this:bonk).
    Not even him to any person like this while leaving for contract please male all the things in a detailed written agreement.
    This will help u in future.:drowning