Discuss school admissions 2012- 2013

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by vanithasekar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

Hiii.. gopituty.. what is the fee structure of HLC? and how is the school.. im yet to visit it.. but heard it is a good school.. what are your comments.. ? pls share.. pls help :)

2. mariselviprabu

mariselviprabu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am keen on joining my DS in DAV ,Mugappair.Can you pls give your views on DAV nd suggestions.Also abt the joing process.

Thanks&Regards,
    Mariselvi.P

3. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Hi.. Yes the school was good.. I liked the way management spoke.. Even i spoke with couple of students, they were bright.. Its there in a 3 acre campus..

But I have dropped it for the following reasons

1. High fees
    2. Construction is still going on
    3. Yet to obtain IGCSE approval

But its just my personal view.. May be you will like it..

Fees:
    Admission Fee: 30,000/-
    Refundable deposit: 30,000/-
    Tuition Fees: 45,000/-
    Other fees: 8,000/- (couldnt remember exactly what it is)
    Transport fees: Minimum 7,000/- per term (so 21,000/)

They have invested around 6crore for this infrastructure, so surely they'll collect it from the students only :)

If you are really looking for admission please go there immediately as they are not only giving application but also taking admission.. You can take your kid there and if you decide there itself then pay the fees and come (they gave me one week time)..

Let me know if you have any other specific question..

4. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

5. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

Hey.. thanks so much for the detailed response.. hm.. the fees seems high.. I am also worried about the travel from Kotturpuram to Shollinganallur.. it could be too taxing to the little one.. im also considering omega international school.. let me know if you have considered some other schools too.. so that we can also try :).. thanks..

6. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Whatttt?????????? You are in Kotturpuram and inquiring about HLC......... Its tooo far... Even Omega is far from your place.. You have too many good schools around Adyar.. DAV, PS, St.Johns, Chetinad etc etc.. Are you looking only for IGCSE schools? Any reason for that?

I'm considering PSBB, BVM, HLC all near Solinganallur now.. Also I'm thinking about SSM, Perungalathur.. Yet to make a decision.. HLC I have almost dropped.. Also looking out for other schools :(

7. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Need clarification about BVM Adayar school....I stay in kotturpuram and planning to admit my little one for Pre-Kg...Does the school admit based on recommendations or caste specific... Any parents who had experience with this school pls help ...

And about PSBB school...wht is its standard?...is it CBSE School?

Thanks for all ur help

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. CountUrBlessing

CountUrBlessing Bronze IL'ite

Hi Srirekham,

I also residing at Kotturpuram and looking for pre-kg admission for my little one in and around adayar, kotturpuram...pls share your experience about the schools...im new to chennai and feeling lost with the little to very less details about the schools...BVM and Anna gems schools have pre-kg...have u visited the any schools or what's the procedure to start with....im planning for a CBSE school as its with good standard

9. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Boaz Public School will issue application on Jan 2nd for next year's Pre-kg admission.. Only for one day and will be called for interview in the week after that..

10. CherryAndChintu

CherryAndChintu Senior IL'ite

Any one has info about DAV velachery? When the application forms/ entrance test will be conducted.
    I am looking for LKG admission.
    Any one having this school in their list too?