Discuss and share info about eatouts in and around your area

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jananikrithsan, Oct 6, 2007.

1. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi honeytha and nangai vaasis,

came to know that sri krishna sweets has opened a branch in nanganallur
    where is it located, have u visited
    pls throw your exp on visit to this new branch

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Suja,

Yes your right..........Sri Krishna Sweets has opened a branch in Nanganallur that too very close to Anjaneyar Temple.......The very first day it was very rush and people were standing in the "Q" to buy the sweets and savories...........because the usual announcement of Sri Krishna sweets........buy anything and get mysore pauk free............when i have been to anjaneyar temple, i saw this scene.......

I have not visited so for the new branch...

They already have one branch in Ullagaram.........and i have been their before........

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Vehera2008

Hearty welcome to IL......and very sorry for very late reply, ifailed to notice....

And, my uncle used to to door delivery only for functions ( minimum25 people)and they dont do it on daily basis

But, i know few people here , who deliver on daily basis, home made food...( like they dont have MESS and all, they will deliver whoever ask them and whatever they cook for them, so typcial home made stuff only will be available )

If u want , pls PM me.....

BTW, where are you put up.....( Jaya nagar is near Sanarotium station . around sundaram colony - am i right???)

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Meena, Honeytha and shan

Tell me who is going to take me to " Mother's Kitchen"..........iam eagerly waiting......:drool:drool:drool....

5. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Dear Lata,

Y not v all of us can go.............so that v can again have a gala meet.......my mouth is also :drool:drool as u have reminded me about Mothers Kitchen........

6. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi LathaMurali,
    Can u give me some details about door delivery of home made food. I am in Sanitorium.

7. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Dear latha.
    I'm in need of those home made food delivery services.
    Cannot PM you cos I'm not a paid member..r u in orkut ?
    Pls reply..

8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

the following is from : Ten Chennai eateries you must not miss

Ratna Cafe, Triplicane
    Our first stop of the day is to Triplicane, an area that fascinates me immensely for its heritage, its architecture, its melange of cultures and the food. I want to stop at the Parthasarathy temple for a quick darshan and the puliodharai, but we are a bit late. So we say a silent prayer and continue to one of the oldest Chennai eateries, located in Triplicane, a landmark by itself – Ratna Cafe.

[​IMG]
    Idli at Ratna Cafe

Started in 1948 by a man from Mathura, Triloknath Gupta, the family still manage this very popular eatery.

If there is one moment that defines our breakfast in Ratna Cafe, it is this – the waiter brings a contraption that looks like a saucepan and he pours the hot red sambar on the fluffy white idlis, until they are soaked in it. We order a plate of idli and vadai and top it with a plate of crispy golden brown ghee roast dosai, on the recommendation of a friend, Giridhar on twitter.

[​IMG]
    Dosai at Ratna Cafe

The menu is packed in the evenings with so many dishes to choose from. A board announces the same right at the entrance.