1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Disclose PCOS before marriage to the boy ???

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Anikha, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Thank you ladies for all the time you are taking to discuss on certain ladies issues here.
    I need your opinion on one of the issue that's mind boggling me and my friend.
    I have a childhood friend who is very close to me.

Her daughter had 3 to 4 times late periods during exams times , you know how tensed kids are in India during board exams. So, the mother took daughter for abdominal ultra sound , the report says , "P C O appearance seen".The ObGyn did not suggest any medication.
    when the girl was 19, she had fibroidinoma ( cyst in breast ), which was removed through a surgery.

Now she is 23 old , she feels , another cyst in her right breast , Dr. said , it can wait, it's not big enough to be removed.

Gynic assured , "she herself had fibroidinomas in her breast, removed for 4 times , even after she gave birth to kids , she had one removed". Cysts are very common before child birth, common after child birth.They are trouble some only if they become big during pregnancy.

My friend also discussed with Gynic, that " should they let the boy know before marriage about these.... issues

1.pcos
    2. cyst removal in the breast & the existing one to be removed later.

Gynic laughed for long time at my friend , suggested , no need to inform or worry about pcos or cyst in breast.
    Because of the lifestyle changes , these days , it's very common for so many woman to develop pcos /pcod, fibroids in breast.

My friend had gone for a second and third opinion in India , all the gynics took it lite , they said , no need to disclose to boy before marriage.

My friend is concerned of her daughter's health issues , what if they develop in future & how she will handle with her in-laws and husband. She knows , they are nothing serious, minor issues will come and go away as the time lapses.

Should the PCOS or another cyst in breast exist later in life , let the daughter act like , as if she finds out at that time. In that case , she would not even be able to share the past medical history of these two issues with her future gynic or physician , in which ever town / country she goes to after marriage. The would be SIL will accompany her daughter to the doctor's office visits.

I do not really come to conclusion on this ???

Need some opinions .............Please.:welcome

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Your friend is worrying too much about what if's.
    If the Dr. not just one multiple Drs said not to worry and mention what is the big deal.
    Just lead a normal life.
    Also, what age does your friend live in. Why will the would be SIL of her daughter go to doctor with her daughter.

3. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Since , there are more chances of her daughter going abroad after marriage. When the first cyst was operated 3 years ago , mother accompanied to the hospital , the girl was given a general anesthesia , not a local. And , I think there is scar on her breast from that surgery.

As I have been working in medical field , I can't suggest my friend, let your daughter go and handle every thing on her own with out her husband in hospital during the procedure.

Being a medical professional , I would not keep my " past medical history" to a new doctor.And, I don't recommend that either.