1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dirty!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Pavithra looked at Ashwin's uniform once more and her anger reached a new level. "Can this be more dirty?", she roared to him. He just stood quiet, as he used to be. The evenings of mondays and thursdays, his uniform would be in that fashion. No matter what she said, he would indulge in playing outdoor games in the P.T. period and play hard. Rolling and diving were part of the game for him.

She wanted to 'suggest' his class teacher that they could do indoor games as well or even suggest some other alternatives to do for the P.T. period. So, she started that thursday, without informing Ashwin. She went to the staff room, and asked for the class teacher of Ashwin. She was told that he was sent as a substitute, to the ground, as it was P.T. period and the P.T. master was not in. "C'mon! If there is no P.T. Master, then why not all these students be kept in class? And if the class teacher himself does this...", she thought.

Bored after a few minutes, she went to the playground. There, she saw her son and another boy fighting and a minute later, their class teacher asking them to stand apart. "Why is this stupid boy fighting with someone here? Let him come home today! I will teach him a hard lesson!", she said to herself. Then, she caught hold of a sobbing little boy nearby and asked him whether he knew the reason for the fight. "Yes Aunty! Its all because of me!", he said. "What? Can you explain?", she asked. "My name is Avinash and I too belong to the same class, joining this year. Due to some problem, I did not grow after 3 feet. So I was very shy and did not come out during P.T. periods. Ashwin was forcing me all along and today I came out. And was mocked by that bully, with whom Ashwin fought!", he said.

"I told him that I would be the laughing stock Aunty! But he did not hear that. See! Now, he got into trouble because of me! I will apologize to him!", he said. Pavithra was moved and was crying too. That evening, Ashwin came and stood before her, heads down with his shirt in hand.

"I will wash this, mom! Show me how to do it. Please!" he said.

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

acho.... soooooo cute ashwin... i can remenber the ad " karai nalladhu!" .... a very lovable child

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your fast and lovely feedback AkhilaaSaras. -rgs

4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

That was a lovely & touchy story rgs.

Regards,
    Latha.

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Latha, for your like and appreciation. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot AkhilaaSaras and SujySreeram for adding this post to your likes. -rgs

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A lovely story indeed!! Also reminds us to look beyond... and not just draw conclusions on what appears on the surface alone...

A great story with a lot of different angles -

The mentality of parents these days who think that PT should be carried out in a ways that doesn't dirty the kids clothes.... even wanting to suggest indoor games!! come on parents, we too were kids and how we loved playing in the sun during school time!! remember the good old days!!

The social evil of bullying someone who is different....

A child who stands up for his friend!!

the class teacher who takes the children out for PT even when there is no PT master, oh i love such teachers :)

of course, the moms realization and the sweetest punch line by the kid!!

Loved it rgs!!

Akila

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

A very good brain wash given by her son with excellent reason hided of his dress dirtiness.Physical stain can be cured but mental stain cannot be cured once it hits
    the mind always it will have its own impact. Nice good writeup rgs.

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

10. rgsrinivasan

That was a very good feedback Akila. Thanks. You have covered all. One small thing remains though! The boy had his own world and did not explain all things happened there, to his mom. Shows his growth too. Very much motivated and alarmed as well to receive such feedbacks you know? I need to be careful to post something good always :)hide:) now. -rgs