1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dinner Recipes for healthy soups...with PICS!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by spuppala, Dec 2, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I just wanted to create this to share recipes for some healthy soups to have as dinner for those who are aiming for weight loss.For more josh,I would want you upload the pics of your daily soups as well if possible..Am really short of recipes.the people who all are determined to weight loss can be benefited by this thread...

Please contribute and share your recipes..and let me know how you would get feel of satisfaction by just consuming soup in the night..

1 person likes this.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Suppala,
    why don't you combine this thread with the weight loss recipe thread so its to find all receipes in one thread.

I have this soup that really fills me up
    i pressure cook all the vegetables they are :-
    1 onion, 1 tomato, spring onion leaves, lots of pumpkin, cabbage, carrots, NO POTATOES, celery and any other vegetables found in the fridge, i pressure cook, then liquidise, when liquidising add little butter in it, then i boil it i add salt and pepper and garnish with parsely.
    its very filling
    also go to tarla dalals website she has many nice soup recipes.
    enjoy.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Spuppala,
    I take this soup n its good for stop upset too ...
    carrots - 3-4 peeled n finely diced
    tomato - 1 small (optional) finely diced
    Turmeric pwd - a pinch
    cumin-pepper pwd as per taste ( I put 1/4 tsp )
    salt...

Boil 1 1/2 glass water add the finely diced veggeies n boil till a bit soft but crunchy take half of it n run in blender add back mix well now add turmeric pwd n jeera- pepper powder and boil till 1 boil switch off n serve hot sprinkled with finely chopped coriander leaves...

1 person likes this.
  4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hey ALPHa,

thanks for the wonderful recipe yar..Am gonna try this tomorrow..

What you said is correct..but I wanted this to have a separate thread coz people like me who wanted to rely only on soups for dinner need not navigate through longer thread and search for soup recipes..Soups play a vital role in weight loss particularly when consumed for dinner..

Yes dear I will have a look at the website..Am just dying to know diff kinds of soups recipes :)

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Vjbunny,

thanks you for the recipes..
    I don't add cumin and turmeric while preparing soup,,but would like to give it a try after reading your post..

Do you know any versions of soup with cabbage?
    Am just wondering whether the smell of cabbage will allow me to have a sip or not..:hide:

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

My Soup recipe:
    Saute onions and garlic in a little butter. Add lots of fresh chopped tomatoes (or you may use canned ones).Then add finely chopped cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, french beans, mushrooms etc. and I add a tbsp. of rice to it.Add enough water. Cook and season with salt pepper and lemon.
    I used to make this when my kids were small, now after 20 years they still love this soup!

7. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Libra,Dont we need to boil the veggies?

8. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Spuppula,
    As mentioned, add water and cook. Thus the veggies and everything gets cooked at the same time. Boil till everything is cooked and the soup is tasty. Hope I have cleared your doubt.

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Thanks libra..would give it a try//

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Puppula....
    Just a pinch of turmeric is added n its very flavourful....
    cabbage ya i have prepared it the thing is it will hv mild smell though the taste overrides it....

For this i boil cleaned chopped cabbage in milk +water combo in pressure cooker for just 2 mins dont let it whistle....
    then i blend half the cabbge n rest i put is as it is and bring to one boil add salt n pepper pwd n relish immediately.....

Another version is to incorporate with mixed veg....