Dinner ideas for packing morning itself

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by anuram09, Feb 18, 2014.

1. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi ILs,

I start from home at morning 9 and come back by night 9. If I eat outside food, I am experiencing stomach upset. Eating at night 9 or 10 also doesn't suit me. I tried packing rotis with stuffing subjis, but sometimes it got spoilt ( may be I haven't cooked real dry due to morning hurry). Can you please give some dinner ideas for packing in the morning itself.

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.

2. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Please help me ladies :drowning

1 person likes this.
  3. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Do you really prefer roti only? Do you prepare South Indian dishes for dinner, like sambar, vatha kuzhambu like that. Then prepare some extra keep in the fridge, next day morning prepare only rice and poriyal, take the left over sambar/vatha kuzhambu along with that. It will be tasty.

4. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

One of my friend, his wife most of the days gives him ready made parota that is available in the departmental stores, she just heat it in the morning and give him some side dish freshly prepared in the morning. My friend also likes it. You can try buying prepared parota from stores and heat it in the morning and take for lunch.

1 person likes this.
  5. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the reply. I am in a need to pack dinner too to office when I start from home. I tried idli,sambhar..but sambhar got spoilt by the time I ate. I am planning for kichdi with veggies. Readymade rotis/parathas also caused trouble for my stomach. I have a strong history of stomach ulcer.

1 person likes this.
  6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

I am a diabetic, I also carry food to office. You can try sundal, sprouts, salads. Also have acidity problem, I avoid eating out side. So, I always carry above stuffs. But you cannot depend on this as lunch and dinner.

Yes kichadi with more vegetables may be good idea. Instead of Idly/sambar, try for Idly with Tomato/Onion chutney. When I was school I leave early to attend special class, So my mom gives Idly with Tomato/Onion chutney for Breakfast and Lunch. The tomato/onion chutney will not spoil for one day when it prepared if you add little tamarind. Another day you can try Dosa with same chutney. Infact I take that chutney for Idly/Dosa/Chappati. Try it... good luck. Along with this carry sprouts, sundal and salads, when you get bored of eating this, you can have little of these.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for tomato chutney....somehow it didn't striked me.

1 person likes this.
  8. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

My mil use to prepare one tomato chutney (only tomato and some spices), it was very tasty, let me see if I can get the recipe. I know only Tomato-Onion-red chilli mix chutney.

9. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Anuram09

Idli with Podi and tomato chutney (dry type) will stay even for two /three days.

The most important thing is never use you hands, try to use spoons (dry) while cooking to make it stay longer and for dinner try to pack it separately and not to hot.

Curd Rice mashed and mixed with milk in the morning will be perfect for dinner.

Any dry rice like Pudhina, Carrot, Beet root, Parruppu Podi ... will all stay good for Dinner when packed in the morning.

String hoppers (Idiyappam) is the best, it goes even with Sugar or Jam.

May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

4 people like this.
  10. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Sister.
    Om Sri SAIRAM