1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diminishing Grey Cells And Diminishing Memory In Old Age

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I do wonder what the grey cells have to do with my stuck up brain. Anyway I googled to find out if there are suggestions to recharge the grey cells.

OMG! The list was so long.

1) Embrace The Idea That The Brain Can Grow.
    2) Meditation
    3) Play Brain Games
    4) Play Video Games
    5) Cardiovascular Excecise
    6) Proper Nutrition
    7) Learn A New Skill
    8) Use your imagination
    9) Relinquish Bad Habits

As I thought all these things are not suitable for me I found at the end of this another related topic. So I googled again and found the topic as ‘Talking to yourself.’

Talking to Yourself can Improve your brain

Here Are Five Theories As To How Talking To Yourself Can Benefit Your Daily Life.

1. Organizing Your Thoughts

Sometimes it’s hard to control the thousands of thoughts that go through your mind at once. However, you can’t speak that many thoughts at once. If you focus on saying your thoughts aloud, then you will be able to focus on just that. You can actually bring more clarity to your thoughts when you say them out loud, which can help you make important decisions.

2. Improve Memory

How many times have you thought to yourself that you have to remember to do something when you get home? Then once you get home, you remember you have to do something but don’t know what it is. Try speaking your reminder aloud. Better yet, ask someone else to remind you at a certain time. Most of the time, you won’t even need their reminder because you are able to remember it more clearly since you heard yourself say it.

3. Make Your Brain More Efficient

Studies have shown that talking to yourself can make you think more clearly and quickly. If you are looking for something in the store or in your house, you may be able to find it more quickly if you say the object’s name out loud as you search for it. You may find out that you can find things more quickly this way.

4. Learn About Yourself

It’s amazing what you can learn about yourself if you talk out loud at times. Sometimes your thoughts can race in your head so much that you don’t know what you’re thinking. If you’re thinking about a certain situation, try talking about it with yourself out loud. You could find out some shocking realizations about yourself when you do that.

5. Achieve Your Goals

Just making a list of goals and reading them daily is hard enough, but now you want me to say them out loud? The answer is yes, but only if you truly want to achieve your goals. Speaking your goals will give you more confidence in achieving them, and it will help you put into perspective what you need to do to achieve those goals. You have to be laser-focused when trying to achieve your goals, so why should you let negative thoughts get in the way in your head? Speak them out loud multiple times daily and your picture of achieving the goals will become clearer.

There are plenty of crazy people in the world, but people who talk to themselves out loud aren’t in that group. Don’t worry if you get weird looks from people if you talk to yourself in public. Those people just don’t realize what they are missing out on. What other things have you found out about yourself just by talking to yourself out loud?
    Courtesy :CHASE HOLIK

After reading all these ideas to improve my grey cells I came to the conclusion that at the fag end of my life it is better to be satisfied with the grey cells present in my brain and sit quietly.
    As it is now I am talking loud at home in front of the fridge and in the kitchen, and if I start talking loud to myself outside also people will think that I have become insane.

PS

Mistt, Viswamitra, girvani and 3 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL. The other risk of talking to yourself is that someone will be hiding behind the door/wall and find out all about your plans and do everything possible to scuttle them. That will be that. Say goodbye to all your plans. Anyone watching telly serials in India should know that by now!!! :p

Mistt likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    Glad to receive your fist fb. I don't watch even a single serial in TV. After reading your fb now I think I have to enquire some friends which serials are informative and create awareness to:astonished: dunce like me.
    PS

4. satchitananda

Mami, watch any saas bahu serial in any language. All characters talk loudly to themselves and reveal their schemes to opponents standing behind doors. So all their plans go to nought. :)

5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Hahahaha ! What a sight that will be , standing in front of the fridge and talking aloud to yourself !
    I agree with you that whatever brain power I have is enough now . There is no need to make people avoid me more by talkingto myself . :)

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    I would rather prefer to watch the sting operation conducted by our news channels and exposing the crooked deals of the politicians to remain in power than to watch the mil dil eaves dropping.
    PS

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

LOL Mami! The choice between the devil and the deep sea. Or should I say between puddings and pies and guess which I'd rather!

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear SCS,
    As it is our prominent grey hair and the wrinkled face is openly showing to the world we have become old and so there is no need to add one more thing by talking to ourselves loudly outside the house also.
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    Here the deep sea is a domestic problem whereas the devil is a national problem which concerns a lot more people. In both cases we remain only spectators as we couldn't find any solution.
    PS

satchitananda likes this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pushpa mami

You made me laugh and loved your conversations between yourself and Satchi. I do speak loud if I need to memorise something when I was studying. Perhaps that wasn't a vane attempt. However, if I speak loud now Surely the men I am surrounded by will send me somewhere
    On a serious note, if I put down the list of things to do in written then I don't even need to look back but I will accomplish. But if I haven't written down then I willl forgot something or other. What can be the reason for this, I wonder?
    I must say that people are earning lots and lots of money by selling variety of journals, to-do notes, reminders .....Superb marketing strategy.

Thank you for this article
    Vani