Dilwalon ki Delhi ! What is the best thing you like about Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by sushmasrivastav, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

Hi
    Everyone is talking of non-veg food. Though I dont take non-veg food, I have a sweet tooth. There are many sweet shops in Delhi which have their own loyal customers.
    The Old Delhi area is famous for its sweet shops too. One is of course the Annapurna sweet shop near the Old Delhi Railway station. It is a very old Bengali sweet shop but it churns out delicious sweets. The other well known sweet shop in the area is the Ghantewala. It was established in the year 1790. I like the famous Sohan halwa of this shop. Whenever I am there, I must have sohan halwa.:thumbsup

kaniths likes this.
  2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear all
    Delhi truly is a city of joy......I always feel truly INDIAN in Delhi. I observed the intricacy of the red structured govt. houses with the wonder of a child. Was there a fortnight ago......shopped till I literally dropped, ate all sorts of stuff, golas, kulfi, chat, pan,lassi to name a few, the things I most miss in UAE . My shopping, hopping and eating started from the cHowpatti to the most elite eateries....it was all a bliss. Stuffed my bags with achar, sweets, burji and whatnot.
    But the Delhi international airport was truly mind-blowing. With all the weird schedule we followed during our week long stay at Delhi, my son fell Ill the day we were flying to UAE, severe vomiting. At the airport we received world class medical treatment, I/ v fluids, inj etc. by well qualified doctors. They also reassured us that he was gonna be fine for the rest of the trip...truly he was perfect on the flight.
    No wonder it has been voted the second best airport in the world.........every reason to smile for a proud Indian.
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  3. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hi Megalife
    Thanks for joining in. We are all proud of DIAL or the Delhi International Airport. I am glad that your son received good medical attention at the airport. The airport is truly grand.
    It has such nice decor. I can still recall those nice hand mudras which are part of the decor. The new airport was sorely needed in keeping with the boom in aviation sector.
    Wishing you many more fun filled days in Delhi.

4. Ashapatel

Ashapatel Junior IL'ite

Hi all
    Delhi is the national capital. There is one another thing I like about Delhi. I like a drive around the VIP areas of Delhi. The stately buildings of the different Union Ministries ( Krishi Bhawan, Rail Bhawan, Shastri Bhawan, Nirman Bhawan etc) are on both sides of the road. Then there are tall trees on both sides of the road. While throughout the week, these roads are choc-a- bloc with traffic. On Sundays these roads are relatively free. You can drive around these stately boulevards and feel like a king. My own favourite is the Rajpath especially the road beginning from India Gate and stretching right upto Raisina Hill with North and South Block on either side of the road. The grandeur of the stately buildings is beyond words.

5. Diacollect

Diacollect Senior IL'ite

Really"Delhi Dilwalon k" hi hai...

6. SejalParikh

SejalParikh New IL'ite

Hi
    I have visited Delhi a couple of times. I like the Delhi Haat complex the best. It is in fact a mini India. There is so much to do see and learn. I like the marble inlay work by Kashmiri artisans and the massive wooden statues from Andhra Pradesh the best. The different food stalls representing the different states of India are in fact the icing on the cake, you can sample Momos from Sikkim, polish off fish at Bengal and settle down with tea at Assam.
    Truly a great concept and thought.
    Few people know that it has been built by covering a part of a big drain or nullah that flows through the area. In fact, the concept became so popular that the govt soon decided to build a Delhi Haat in West Delhi area- it is situated in Pitampura near the TV tower.

7. Kavitakaushik

Kavitakaushik New IL'ite

Delhi metro!! Currently everything looks just perfect to me with a separate compartment for ladies, good security system etc. Looking forward to other areas which should be covered by metro which are not yet covered.

8. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

It has to be FOOD for me! This city can feed people with all types of tastes, appetites, and wallets! Missing Dilli!

kaniths likes this.
  9. siyasilva

siyasilva New IL'ite

A great thing about Delhi is it accept to all, either someone form Bihar, U.P, Rajanthan, Bengal or Punjab..... Weather and Environment is very natural for all of them. All person can survive easily either lower, middle or higher class. One of the special thing is nobody can forget the taste of Dahi Valle, Pani Puri, Aaloo Tikki and spicy MoMo.

10. loveandgod

loveandgod Senior IL'ite

Thank u thank u thank u..
    Its been long since i have been thinking of going for a cycling tour wid some group n ma friens..
    And dis post of yours dint just reminded me of ma long back forgotten "to do stuff" but also gave me an idea,about how shud and where can i do it...
    Lots of love n hugs..
    P.