1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Difference Between Marriage And Prostitution

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, May 25, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

HAI FOLKS THIS IS ONE OF THE QUERY PUT TO US AND I HAVE WRITTEN SO, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS UR IDEA ON THIS...
    What is the difference between marriage and prostitution:
    These are two dimensional service of the same kind of woman to a man but with one having a society stamp and the other without. The freedom is more in a prostitution, rather than in marriage, in prostitution one person gets to say no to someone whom they are not obliged to, but here in marriage u r not left with a choice, u either get abused, or thrown out, or left behind in the house like a mantle. The dignity of a prostitute is any day her own..

Whereas a dignity of a housewife is always attested by and with along with her husband and family. The sense of belonging to a society of its own is the drawback of a prostitute, no one is for anyone, u r independent and u are well aware of this.

Here in a marriage a woman is never independent but left to live or fend for self if she does not oblige the man. The plus point of a marriage is a stable support of the husband if u r very good to him, and good children from him and u, and their future and so many other aspects only if u get a good partner who understands and stands by u, respecting the matrimonial institution.

The prostitute does not enjoy any of the above, even though she may have a good partner to live with life long. In the end it is just luck. U have or NOT is the main thing, nothing changes for the woman, both suffer the old age alone, as men get tired of one woman in their life very easily, even after giving good children and family he still seeks for love, not knowing the meaning of it…regards sunkan
    P.S. ENLIGHTEM ME ..

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

The prostitute does not enjoy any of the above, even though she may have a good partner to live with life long. In the end it is just luck. U have or NOT is the main thing, nothing changes for the woman, both suffer the old age alone, as men get tired of one woman in their life very easily, even after giving good children and family he still seeks for love, not knowing the meaning of it…regards sunkan
    P.S. ENLIGHTEM ME ..[/quote]
    In no way a married woman's life can be compared to that of a prostitute for the following reasons.(That is my humble opinion.)
    1. A prostitute does not also have a free choice. She has to cater to all sorts of men (beasts, shall we say?), not as per her fancies but as per their(client's) needs. But a married woman's situation is not all that bad if she has an understanding husband. A married woman does have some reprieve during her periods which is denied to the prostitute.
    2. A married woman has a choice to break away from the marriage if she feels that it is too much. Society will be more compassionate to her. Unfortunately, a prostitute is trapped in that gutter till she is rescued from it. Even if she comes out of it society will not be all that merciful to her.
    3. One last thing which makes the greatest difference between a prostitute and a married woman is that, as the couple grow older the meaning of life changes altogether. Sex is secondary and love and affection takes the first place. The prostitute is the biggest loser here. After she has been sucked of her nectar, she is thrown into the bin for the rest of her life.
    You have yourself mentioned all thes points. All I have done is organised them point-wise so that it is easy to differenciate. Ofcourse, the last point is where the married woman wins hands down.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku malathi,
    it is nice to see ur write here, it is a thought provoking article just in one line, so i elaborated it here, to see how many of us can put in their thoughts to this question...very true, but i agree in some and disagree in some, but on the total ur summing up is good...lets hope the men as husbands are better than the others...regards sunkan

4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi everybody,

just a simple difference between the two type of women.

A married woman - is recognized by her husband, by her kids, by her relatives and by the society.

A Prostitute - their faces are not recognized even by the fellow men who come to them, their kids are not recognized since they are fatherless, and is all the same with the relatives and society.

regards,

Vanaja

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Eventhough some fanatics call Marriage - A Legalised P------ I don't agree with that. Marriage is not only for the above mentiond act. It has more meaning than that. Moreover, women plays many roles in her life, needless to say ,before and after her marriage. It is one of the roles of her other than other roles such as you know like minister, cook, home maker, friend, etc. the list goes on. Moreover according to our scriptures marriage is considered as holy. It is not like in other countries where they consider marriage as an agreement. There when love is gone marriage is gone too.
    I don't know if I am allowed to write this, in the p---they get paid for their work in marriage who does that and more over for p---it is their job,they don't have any other.
    So please don't ever allow anybody to compare marriage to p---:evil: . It is nowhere near marriage.
    Sriniketan

6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hI,

i read this topic but can we compare a wife and a prostitute? Do a legally wedded wife is comparable with a prostitute? I never agree with this, a married women is called a wife, daughter-in-law, mother and what we call a prostitute--- only prostitute is there any respect or dignity in this word. A married women has got lot of securities from family, society but a prostitute never gets all these. A married women has got all legal rights but no for prostitutes. Married women have legal rights on a man and his family but prostitutes dont enjoy all this even though they get so called instant love and money. It is true many women suffer bcoz of their husband it can be physically, mentally or even financially but she gets support from other members of the family.
    Can we say at the end both go through same condition as men get tired of same women, no. A man remembers his wife more at old age and needs her a lot for support he needs her at this time of life more. At old age married couples have more attachment. Noone cares for the prostitute when she gets old, but they care for their aged wife as they realize her importance. Prostitutes are in worse condition at old age event they opt for suicide, but a married women carries on her life with proud and dignity with her grown up children, husband and other family members. Marriage and family are the most important part of a women's life.
    bye
    Padma

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  7. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

when the question is posed difference between marriage and prostitution it is something related to flesh directly or indirectly.
    in marriage there is love and affection where as in prostitution it is a routine bread earning boring job .
    as malati has pointed out yes there is no exception to the choice of prostitutes but yes the situation of many married ladies isnt gud either many are gifted whom have a darling husband but many are still not previlidged .
    HIV in prostitutes is understandable wot abt married ladies frm where it comes why?
    reasons are known to all of us v meagre percent caters to blood donations or transfusions and most of them are not angels to donated blood daily either.
    women are the innocent sufferers frm decades.. . and in near future will continue to be so..
    marriage is an institution a commitment which every married person shd understand .
    prostitution is a profession in few countries it has permission also .
    means we have liscenced pros in some countries .
    let us not mix marriage and prostitution .
    prostitutes are poor sufferers let us show some sympathy on them and if we ever come across one let us not turn our heads away from them they do not do tht on their will but they knw only tht job to do orlse they wud have been like us married working educated wth kids wht familes wht so much support and so many people around to protect us. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true vanaja,
    in fact we can simplify this by just saying one is a ordinary wear and the other is a designer, but here i was more interested to know the mental state of the woman, one her own lifestyle, the other could be a battered one pushed to a corner feeling she is being used...regards sunkan

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear srini,
    dont be so angry, we are here to differentiate their mental state, here the question is more in comparison with a bad marriage, if it is a good one, it will not be brought here at all, so when prostitution and marriage is brought together they mean the flesh and mind of a woman, in prostitution the woman has the freedom and say in the matter, she can even throw the man out, but in marriage if she is battered she has to bear, and try to live putting up a great front of a mantle..with sometime the mrs so and so is only the matter all rest she wallops inside and burns away...thanku for ur fb though, regards sunkan

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear padma,
    like how i mentioned the comparison is more between the battered and prostitution as men have not honoured the institution of marriage, and now no children are also following due to this mental state, u find children in slum more than in big homes, it is more because men have not bothered to treat the woman with respectability, do u know many men irrespective of their age still chat seeking woman in the cyber, if the married woman are great contributors then why is this happening, at least a prostitute knows what she is getting into, is the married woman aware, no i dont think, so these are the factors, some who are good and have a wonderful respectability and stability are the blessed souls..but the mass of them are crying the unshed tears.. this article is for them...regards sunkan