1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dieting but very little weight loss

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by curiousgal, Jan 22, 2014.

1. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends....Starting this New Year, I have been dieting to lose weight. My goal is to cut down 42 lbs (19 kgs). When I say dieting, I meant to say that I now calculate how much I eat in terms of calories and allow myself only 1200 cals everyday. I've not decided a timeframe by when I should lose these pounds, since I wanted it to be a gradual process and something that I could stick to for a long time.

However, in the past three weeks, I've only managed to cut down 2.2 lbs (1 kg). And since I was losing less weight, I started skipping breakfast also so that I eat just twice a day. However, I just read an article which mentioned that one should never skip breakfast because it makes it difficult to lose weight because body has been hungry for so long and hence resisting temptations later on during the day becomes difficult.

So I now want to have a protein rich breakfast with less calories so that atleast my tummy is full and my body is not deprived and is not hungry.

Can you ppl suggest some nice protein rich breakfast ideas that could help me?

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

To make stomach full, less hungry but least calories, proteins are not the answer.

Add plenty of low calorie fibers in food, like cucumber, raw tomato and onions (salads) with every meal.

Stomach will stay full for long

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I was told by a nutritionist in Delhi that Indian women have trouble losing weight because they don't eat enough protein. Please go to a nutritionist and have her/him make a diet plan for you. You are eating too little and your body is going to go into starvation mode and then you are going to have serious trouble losing weight. BTW, you cannot live on cucumbers and bran. You will end up in the hospital.

4. nalini468

nalini468 Gold IL'ite

First of all, you should never skip your breakfast either you in a diet or not.....
    Because, we dont have any intake after dinner for the entire night and the breakfast is a thing which is to break the fasting of the night.
    It helps us to be active and do the daily routines in an active way.....
    In order to loose weight you need to have a proper diet plan along with daily exercise/yoga.
    You can have oats/sprouts/nuts/jowar roti/fruits.... as breakfast.....
    Try to avoid more intake of deep fries/junk food/sweets/chocolates....
    Better you prefer home-made food....

5. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

One KG in 3 weeks is a good and sustainable weight loss .....stick to what you were doing ...dont lose heart

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

CG,
    I just saw this. One pound every 10 days is a good loss. 2.2lbs in three weeks is good.

Few questions for you.
    1) Do you weigh yourself at the same time every day. Early am on an empty stomach is best. If not pick a time of day and weigh yourself accordingly.
    2) when you say you are sticking to 1200 cals are you sure it is 1200 cals? I thought so too but when I actually started measuring it was much more.
    3) Dont skip meals. Eat smart meals. Cereal and milk with yogurt or peanut butter and bread or cheese and bread are all good breakfasts. You can also make some smoothies with yogurt/oats/fruits/milk etc and drink it. If you eat eggs, eggs are good breakfast food along with some carb.
    4) Are you working out? If so 1200 cals is too less and even if you don't eat enough weight loss is sluggish.

Hth,
    L