1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for the very sick

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sunkan, Feb 14, 2006.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

for the very sick

recently my sis son laid down with high fever and being a nature curist.....my brother in law Dr.vijayagopal.....kept him on just tender coconut with amla and some lemon juice .....made fress every 3rd glass and keeping some hot water for the leg and some cold wet pack [towel] on the stomach and head while dipping his leg in hot water has seen him thru.....very very scary to look but this did help...more better than the antibiotics we keep popping inside...he has started loose motions and they consider this elimination.....so will start on boiled rice kanji once he gets up .....hope this had been of help...any doubt on this will be answered ...pl do keep in touch..
    regards...sunkan

2. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Ayurveda

Hi Sunkan,

I never heard for the above therapy u had suggested but i feel it wud be very useful as its totally based on ayurveda...Its is bcz of ayurveda and natural therapies our old grandmom's are still healthy..By reading it i just got a feeling as in our childhood our mom's used to put lots of coconut oil and get us head bath, then we used to used ubtan before bath .... they are all natural remedies for small small cures...

Hope ur child get cure fast

Regards

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

for the very sick continues...

He had a black out yesterday for 2 minutes though we were scared his father gave us the info ....he will be fine in a minute or two just relax and give him more fluids...got some karisilanganni and some avaram leaves with some vallarey leaves added some dry grapes and thulasi with some sombu and made kashayam though i could not get vishnugranthi that is best for fever...now he is a lot better than yesterday...hot water bags for the leg and hands..and some cold pack with lavender oil one drop on a hand kerchief for his eyes...will update with u all as he recovers...patience is a must here...regards..sundari kannan

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

again on my sis son

to day he is fine,,,yesterday we gave him plenty of melons so he got a cold...today morning i gave him malli kapi without milk....just malli chukku and pepper dry fried and powdered to be boiled in water with some palm candy...something to start with a nice warm drink....gave him some tender coconut and now he is up had his warm water enema and then a good bath..going to make some boiled rice kanji..today he did not want the kashayam so we said ok..as there is no fever....i think all of u know what boiled rice kanji is...just a few granules of boiled rice...keep with 2 glasses of water...let it boil and let the granule become glassy well cooked now temper with some karuveppaillai and ginger julieanne in 1/2 tsp ghee and add it to the kanji with just a pinch of salt not the usual but far more less as his taste buds would be sensitive to any salt or sugar as too much ......so catch u all ...u might wonder y i share these ...there is a nature cure treatment all we need is patience this is for people who say no i dont think only the hospitalisation will bring out the best...nature cure does not give names but treats all fever as fever and fast with wet pack on the stomach and warm socks in the legs....regards..sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai folks my sis son fine today....

hai folks my sis son aravind is fine today and had kanji in the morning as well at noon had a wonderfull daily bath and sleeping fit....thanku well wishers i am happy u share and bless the child thru this forum....with kind regards...sunkan