1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your DH/DW sweep you off your feet Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Life is hectic. That does not mean Love will also be. We need to cherish the littlest joys life n love brings by. Why not we set the stage for that, here in this thread? Let us share our daily lovable moments, regardless of whether it is silly or significant. The little things in life/love go a long way when we learn to appreciate and relive.

Your DH/DW might have made bed coffee for you Today.. share it. Or if your DW/DH said something that moved your heart Today.. share it.. like in our ASG's case, seems like last night her DH said, "You are my best friend" How sweet!

Come on.. Let us share our lovable moments as and when it happens. You may also reminisce - really no rules, folks.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Well my DH just did that yesterday night..

Just before we were about to sleep, out of blue, he told me "I dont want to ever fight or argue with you. I cannot see you unhappy. I will never do anything that brings unhappiness to you".

I was so pleasantly surprised because we never had any arguement or fight yesterday. We had one 2 months back. the worst one we have had. We did not talk to each other for close to 3 days. But we did make it up in the end. But yesterday he said, he suddenly remembered those unpleasant moments and felt very bad he behaved that way.

I was so moved that I gave him a tight hug and a biggggggg kiss :kiss

1 person likes this.
  3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

MsTrue, you're really bringing the married section forum to life this week! And in a positive way too! Good for you girlfriend.

Actually I have another sweet thing my hubby did for me this past weekend. Today (actually in a few hours) I'm going for lasik eye surgery. And the doc said dust might irritate my eyes while they're healing. So on Saturday my dh cleaned the WHOLE house. He cleaned the cieling fans, the headboard of the bed, the walls on our patio, the tv set, the toaster in the kitchen, literally EVERYTHING! He simply said he felt like cleaning the house. :biglaughBut I know why he did it (my eye surgery), and it really touched me. Although he was just sweeping away dust, it really 'swept me off my feet' so to say. :kiss

2 people like this.
  4. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Awwww!! Such a sweet thread! Hats off to you MsTrue for thinking of these. My DH does a lot of sweet things that totally make my heart melt. Where do I start... there have been so many!!

Let me start with the first one - as simple as it sounds, it was perhaps one of the first things that gave me some idea about how thoughtful of others' needs he is: we were out to dinner for the first time, he loves spicy things and I can't tolerate a lot of heat. So we ordered our food, and the waiter asked us how spicy we wanted it - I said "very mild", and simultaneously, DH said "very spicy" - the waiter is confused, we are looking at each other (did not know about each other's preferences at the time) and DH suddenly said very matter of factly - "Oh, please change it to mild..." I thought it was incredibly sweet, even though we were ordering different things - he changed his preference, so I could try his dish as well.

And I was very right about him being thoughtful... he is the most amazing person ever!

5. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

well there have been good days in our 1 year old marriage...things have mostly been bad but i feel blessed to have had those bful days in my life and now that iam away from him,i miss those days hundred times more.Here are a few moments i can never forget
    1. He was head over heals for me before marriage(arranged) but as the wedding day was arriving a few things disturbed him and he wished we had known each other more so we were not feeling our best on the wedding day and were a lil afraid of future.On our first night,i entered our bedroom feeling shy and v nervous.To my surprise he was anxiously waiting and when i sat there he lifted a pillow and said the three words.He had made a heart with rose leaves...that was sooo sweet of him and then he just took my trembling hand and for sometime kept talking me to comfort and assured me that things will be good,he will take care etc.I loved his gentle ways and how he understood my feelings.
    2. for about 5-6months we had had a really bad time when the only talks were about divorce,separation.Once he was feeling suffocated cos it was a long weekend,both of us had to spend 3 days together in the house and due to some reason his friends were occupied with something or the other so he had no option but to stay home,keep glued to laptop.So in frustration he came to me and started pouring out his frustration,was asking me why i still want to live with him etc and i was just staying calm,i told him i had hopes.After saying disappointing things,suddenly he was telling me that iam v v cute and i cant imagine how hard it is for him to control,stay away from me!That was a huge surprise to hear this from HIM.....cos for months he wo nt even have a glance at me out of hatred.He said "you are v v cute....and it is v hard for me to not come close to you,when you're lying next to me i feel like holding you but ...blah blah"
    That was the first time i realised that i do have an impact on him,that he is atleast attracted to me.
    3.Then there were those good days whihc i dont know if ill experience ever again or not.after initial 5-6months we had started talking,though it was about separation.as i had prepared my mind,i was ok with such talks and it was great fun to just lie down and keep talking,talking for hours about what we'd want to do after getting rid of each other...then slowly confessing what we liked in each other and what we disliked etc...we were pulling each other's leg,flirting etc like it was the first time we had met.hat was the day when he had actually started knowing me and wanted to know me more.From there on he'd come home and do small talks...slowly we reached a time when we were just lying and talking about all our good memories in life,just like two people in hoenymoon phase do.All this after 6months of silence,enduring hatred didnt feel like real and i still wonder if that person was him.
    4.in those days only we found out that i was pregnant w hich made the situation complicated cos we still had thought of separation,we were puzzled and were taking time to decide if we wanted to have the ba by or not.
    So after all th ose months it was the first time he took me out with a friend's family,we had dinner outside.I told him i enjoyed eating chicken curry though i never eat non-veg.Just the next day he cooked chicken and shahi paneer for me.I was so overwhelmed....he told me that he loved to cook for me,to see me eat.He loved to treat me like a baby.
    5. We decided to go for termination but still werent v much sure.So before that termination day he was pampering me a lot....he would keep an eye on the way i sat,stood up,moved around etc.He had started taking extra care of me,a lot of ti mes he would tell me not to cook and that he'd cook for me.
    6. Once we were just cracking jokes,he got romantic and told me,"you look so bful...i used to avoid looking at you,it was v hard....i should now keep you in a burqa..." and held me
    There are so many like these...I believe if we have t go separate ways,i can still live my life by those few bful memories.I lvoe my husband way too much.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

MsTrue, thanks for starting a great thread. Ladies, I've loved your little stories so far.

To continue ASG's theme of dust particles and sweeping, I am really into my spring cleaning right now, but it's hard to get things done with my 10-month-old. My husband has a day off today, and right now he is out on the deck with the baby in her play tent. I can hear her gurgling away contentedly, and he is crammed in there with her, working on his laptop.

Now this may not sound romantic to some (especially those sans children!) but because of his thoughtfulness, I've had a chance to clean like a dervish, and now we can all go to the park and get some ice-cream. Life is beautiful.

7. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Great thread! Hmmmm... there are a lottttt of things. :idea I will mention what happened yesterday.

Yesterday my DH and I had an argument while chatting online and I was very mad at him. I thought there will be a fight when he comes home from work. When he got home, I was in a sulking mood and was prepared to give him the silent treatment, but he came to me and grabbed me from the back and starting kissing my neck (he knows its my weak spot)... till I gave in and smiled. We did not have a fight. It was a stupid argument after all. I liked the way he avoided a fight. :kiss

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

WOW.. ladies, your sweet nothings are so darn sweet! No doubt this is going to be an evergreen thread with nothing but positive vibes.

Here comes mine.. happened last night.
    My DH is about to leave town on a business trip and he is all clingy for the past 2 days! He started missing us(DS & I) already!! Out of nowhere last night he said in an assuring tone, "That 'n' number of days will go just like that." (Self assurance?!:idea)

I was sporting a brave smile and said, "Don't worry.I can easily manage. Infact you avail 1 more week leave and spend some quality time at your native with parents and family."

He goes in a kind of needy tone, "You don't seem to be missing me!"

Is that my DH asking that question?! I was all amused.. I have never seen this emotional side of my DH!! I then passionately ran my fingers over his face and said, "How will I not miss you? I was just planning on how to handle it."

All these years it will be DW who sends miscellaneous "Miss You" , "Just a Hello", "Thinking of You" cards for any/no reason. DH would be "yeah, me too!". The role reversal last night was romantic in its own way to DW. :kiss

PS: And when I teased him after, "You are all sentimental". Our Hero gathered himself in no minute and says, "What sentimental?!" with a poker face.. :hide:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    2 people like this.
  9. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

To all the wonderful ladies,
    If you are in the habit of going to bed mad, change that habit. All these things that the spouses do may tick you, get you upset and what not. But going to bed mad is even more upsetting as you don't really sleep well.

There are things that spouses do and we may not acknowledge them right away or vise versa. Thande deemaag se pesh aao!

OP!

10. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Not today last week,
    I was to go the doctor for a general check up, usually I just take the car and go during lunch hour since its near my office. But out of the blue DH was like "Shall take half day off and come pick u up for the doctor appointment", I was like WOW .. :)

Last month, his relatives were visiting and I made a huge dinner and went to take a bath before sitting down for dinner. When I came for dinner all the chairs in the dining table were occupied.I felt disappointed and angry that nobody put an extra chair for me and totally forgot me. So I just got a plate took some rice and curry and went to the living room and sat with the kids.
    The next day during dinner, again I went to take a bath after making a big meal and when I returned I saw an extra chair right next to DH. WOW .... :)