1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Did You Pay Taxes With W9 Form

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by KashmirFlower, Nov 2, 2016.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

Anybody has experience with w-9 tax form, please share. The freelance website says, I need to fill this form, I filled. So all I need as tell the tax consultant later about this earnings and submit w9 form? can this still go as joint with H's taxes? I am also going to get tax benefit from non-profit org for certain hours of work.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

W-9 simply gives your taxpayer ID information (SSN or Employer Identification Number) for verification.

Submit the completed W-9 to whoever is paying you. Sometime next January/February, they will give you a 1099 for your tax guy. That 1099 will have your name, address and tax ID that you filled out on your W-9.

Yes, of course.

Disclaimer: I am not an accountant nor do I play one on TV.

KashmirFlower and jskls like this.
  3. KashmirFlower

Thank You @Amica, the website is working between client and freelancers, so in my profile of this website, by the tax time, I should have the form ready to download/they send it by post. And the website is collecting % from every hour of my pay (service fee).

It is something with new movie Accountant, I didn't watch, so I didn't get the joke fully i think

Amica likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You're welcome. :)

I don't have any experience with freelance websites. But my guess is they'll mail you the 1099.

I haven't seen The Accountant either. I was just being silly. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

The phrase "I'm not a Doctor, but I play one on TV" is originally from an old Vicks Formula 44 commercial. It became a catchphrase, trope, meme.

5. KashmirFlower

Oh ok , may be it is a common phrase, need to google, but something similar phrase, comedy video, hope u like it

Amica likes this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao: Hilarious!

Thanks for the link, @KashmirFlower! :thumbsup:

KashmirFlower likes this.