1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did Someone Ripple Your Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

A ripple in the pond of mind:

A small pebble is enough to move the still water into a ripple, like wise one comment can drive a person crazy or brooding or be morose any thing u name it all depends on what sort of a pebble that was targeted.

Always a two side to all issues lead u to think the negative and the positive approach to the ripple. It begins with why this came up now to that of manifestation into different modes and moods to set u accordingly.

How many of us make it a point to mention something on the go not realizing we could be sending a ripple and it could take a negative turn to the person concerned.
    A simple joke could turn into splints of thoughts that could go array to unsettle the mind.

The same gets applied here when pleasant thoughts of nostalgic memory gets triggered just with a few words or conversation in reference to the old times, it follows along even after we have left the scene and place, where we read this, sometime extending it days to months together to get over it.

We see some misunderstanding could make this simple ripple into a vortex where the person concerned is so absorbed that they loose all connection to the world and start living on their own. It is a tremendous effort to bring them out. In some places we see this ripple created brings in the pangs of loneliness, and they again go into oblivion.

In some cases we see it becomes an obsession to out beat and they do work at it, to give a tit for tat, so ribbing is very easy, but better think before, what we ripple it with, which none take the caution, especially when the old crowd is around. The younger lots are not aware of this, when we mix with the older lot or are they able to implement what they want to say with diplomacy, which can save the situation to a level.

Let’s not widen a simple ripple to a whirlpool, but try to calm down the eddy to a ripple. .sunkan

did someone ripple your mind today
    sunkan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Interesting choice of words "ripple" its got lot of meaning Sundari.. The ripple can easily get started and become an avalanche.. Over the years from experience I think one has to realise this and be ever careful and sometimes a little alert too..Glad you wrote on this ..keep blogin..

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,
    Ripples sometimes even rip open the heart. As there are two sides to a coin ripples cause both unpleasantness and nostalgic moments.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku AC happy to see u here, yes i have mentioned what u have told, but some people are very sensitive and never recover from such ripples, it either changes their course of life, until some one intervenes, so the younger lot have to put their mind to what they address elders with..sk

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes pushpa,
    the hurt never cease to exit leaving a void never to be filled with any consolation..sunkan

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Ripples offset the entire equilibrium spreading to all parts of body. Understanding what causes ripples in one's mind will take time. It s some kind of feedback loop.

Nice analogy :)

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanks meena for commeting here..sunkan

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sunkan
    I had read this before but I did not send u any comment on this.
    It is indeed a good article. Something true to life. I agree even a small ripple will upset our mind. But can we change these people??? NO............
    I prefer to ignore such people and proceed further becoz this rippling spoils our day..............

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka

thanneerlil
    kallerithalil
    ithanai karpanaya?
    kallerinthaal (kovathil?)
    athe vattam vattamaay alai...
    erintha idam vittu paravi
    (like gossip?)
    atharkul kal ennavo
    neerin aazham thottu...
    ezha ninaithaalum
    ezha mudiyaamal...
    puthaintha karkal....
    pozhuthu pokkaka ninaitha
    oru seyalil ithanai aazham kandaay?..
    kulathinil aaruthanil
    kal erinthu
    erintha thooram kanakkida
    silathu siriya vattam
    silathu periya vattam
    ennangalay (effort?) muyarchiyudan ettiya thooram
    veesa...
    vizhuntha vegathil
    anaivarum paarattum vagayil
    periya periya vattangal...
    vattam maraivatharkul
    pathithuviduvom
    aazhamaay
    ninaitha ennangalay
    yaar kandathu
    angirunthu aarambamagum
    neerveezhchi...

sathya

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one, Sunkan!
    Each and everyday passes with these ripples- either pleasant or unpleasant.
    Whenever we hear not so pleasant news---it creates ripples.
    Whenever we see,hear or feel good news--it also creats ripples on a positive note and sometimes makes us to achieve that also, so we achieve is another question.
    My BIL's considerate action, one day caused ripples ,in my hubby's, mine and my daughter's mind.
    That day he helped me out in washing the dishes and loading it in the dishwasher because he said that he saw me too tired, he wanted to help.
    you know that my husband is recovering from the surgery and my BIL came here to give him moral support.

sriniketan