Did return to India made you happier ????

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Sep 13, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Reasons I want to go back to India..

food( very tasty authentic)

jasmine flowers

jackfruit,nungu and other fruits

love to hear the tea stall gossips,music from shops near the temple,autowalas shouting,traffic sounds etc

love to see the youth group.they are so cute and do all sorts of "natak"thinking they are being cute..it is actually innocent and fun to look at.

love the warm weather.

LOVE SEEING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS AND NOT DESERTED.

easy to make lots of acquaintances and some friends and not force oneself to talk to others.

sense of belonging.

functions

festivities

theatres in India are awesome.all whistles,laughter,crowd,yummy snacks..

temples

my cousin says my list is overrated and everytime my India trip is very short max fora month.I should try to stay there for 3 to 4 months.I would want to return back.I do not understand.we all were born and brought up there.how come we can get bored of our country?people who have settled back in India,do pour your honest opinions..

4 people like this.

2. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anika,

Well US has a lot of good things and luxuries to offer, still I miss India in all the ways that you have mentioned. I love to watch my little fellow enjoying his time with his Grandparents in India, which he terribly misses here. I can never get bored in India :) :) :)

2 people like this.
  3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

As much as i miss india, i cnt go there cz of my terrible inlaws! Ekse we will hv to stay with them! N thts jst impossible! The reason my husband dsnt want to go is tht its impossible to live with controlling parents!!

2 people like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

true weasel\y..

still people go for above reasons yet r2a?
    need to know why

5. pickles

pickles Bronze IL'ite

Posting to bookmark. I am also in same boat longing to go back. When we go for holidays the noise, pollution dont bother me at all and I feel as if I was never abroad. I am quite positive that with right (not over) expectations r2i can be happy. Best part will be DD can meet grandparents daily :)

1 person likes this.