diarrhea during 5th week

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by hopesinbaby2010, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Pls advice me on this:

I got an dr appt only @ 6th week but this is my 5th week. I m having diarrhea sometimes in the morning and I feel like bloated stmoach evrytime and unable to eat anything. If I drink milk in the morning then its diarrhea and in afternoon I'm eating only rasam rice. but still digestion is not happening.

Is diarrhea commmon symptom or should I need to panic. Its only 2-3 times a day. Pls help me I'm so much afraid.

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

It is not dangerous but you should call your doctor and let them know about it. During pregnancy, your digestion and metabolism slows down due to the hormones. Quit the milk as it may be the issue causing item.

Have a small cup of yogurt/curd with a teaspoon of sugar every 2 hours -really small cup. That should help with the diarrhoea.

Have benefibre or metamucil twice a day to increase fibre and provide consistency to the food you are eating. That could help. I prefer benefibre as it is tasteless and can be added to the curd or rasam rice or simply in water.

Make sure you drink a good amount of water. Eat rice, dhal or easy proteins until you figure out what suits you.

Call the doctor. Best of luck.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Get treated promptly.I am sure you can call your doctor's office.No harm in clarifying or making a earlier visit.
    Some times iron tablets may be the reason.you can change the brand after consulting.Eat balanced diet.Take care.have a safe delivery.

4. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi DNM,

Thanks a lot. Sure I will follow. I completely stopped drinking milk, curd everything and I'm taking rice, dahl and sambhar and drinking lots of water.

Hi SupriyaDinesh,

Thanks a lot. Sure I will check with the folic acid tablet too.

5. ishvisahaani

ishvisahaani Senior IL'ite

Reasons for diarrhea in early pregnancy are changes in hormones, changes in diet, and added stress. Diarrhea can be caused by eating spicy foods, prenatal vitamins, slow digestion etc.. Follow BRAT diet. Oral rehydration therapy (ORT) is one of the most tried and tested methods of controlling diarrhea. Here is the list of some other tips to treat diarrhea Diarrhea In Pregnancy - Signs, Causes And Treatments