1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diaper Bags

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by HarikaR, Jul 4, 2019.

1. HarikaR

HarikaR New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a 7month old baby girl. Am thinking to buy diaper bag as it's getting difficult to organize baby items when we go outside. There are so many types and brands in market and am confused about what to buy. Can someone suggest good diaper bags .
    Thanks In Advance.
    Harika

2. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

As a enthusiastic first-time parent, I also looked around for quite a few diaper bags but finally just used a backpack that we had at home because it was the most flexible.

Backpack style worked better than most one-strap style diaper bags because I wanted both hands to carry baby, handle stroller, etc.
    Also re-using a small hiking backpack we had at home - meant it was gender neutral so dad and I could swap as and when needed. The backpack was also washable - essential for any possible leaks.
    And to organize inside, I used 2 large ziplock bags: Made life so simple -
    1. one for diapers + wipes + diaper disposal bags
    2. one for snacks and meals
    3. Extra set of clothes, a small towel, extra socks, sweater was kept folded in a small compartment inside along side the ziplock bags.
    Using zip lock bags instead of fancy zippered purses meant because every now and then I could throw them out when they got old instead of having to wash, dry in the sun and re-use.
    In the top small compartment of the backpack, I would keep a bib, soft spit up cloths, a small plastic box with a metal spoon and fork and some kitchen tissues.
    And the back pack came with a water bottle compartment for baby's water on the side.

After an outing only snacks, water and used fork/spoon/bib needs to be taken out.

SinghManisha likes this.
  3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I agree with the response above. A gender neutral backpack works best , so dad can also carry the load :)

Look up silicon bibs, feeding sets. Easy to wash and dries quickly . I gift them to all moms and they are a hit.

4. sunchiajju

sunchiajju Bronze IL'ite