1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diagonised with PCOS

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by vinu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

Re: looking v bad and depressed

hi dharsini
    dont worry try to join weight loss buddy forum. i hope you can get lot of advises there.........

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

First of all handle your mood swings...instead of obsessing over the problems you have, for sometime try to pick up some hobbies and you would be able to divert your mind...that way you would stop your binge eating, and slowly that would reduce weight...

During winter season usually everyone puts on few pounds as we cant go out or the calories wont be burnt quickly...so just take it slow..as soon as summer starts you can take the baby out in a stroller and go for a walk and would be able to get some fresh air and also some exercise.

Meanwhile at home try to keep some good snacks..like fruits/cut veggies and some dip. that way you wont eat fatty foods and you eat something healthy.

search in google for weight reducing foods and buy those and eat them when you feel hungry..

3. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Going to the gym regularly and having a healthy diet will really help.

A neighbour of mine started gyming since her baby was 1 month old. She used to take her baby along with her and leave her at childcare. She looks stunning and sweats her weight out like crazy. She used to exercise for 2 hours everyday. It was just that she was regular.

I understand your LO must be needing you much around.. But 2 hours is something both you and your LO can afford. There must be some sleeping time isnt ? Hit the gym then.

Do not keep looking at the mirror and see spots which carries wxcess weight, Dharshini ! Instead, just wonder how good it is going to be when it is toned. Join a freind who goes to the gym regularly. That will help too.

There is nothing to be deppressed about weight gain.. It will take sometime, to lose it out, but a'int impossible ! Start planning a healthy diet and stick to it.

There is no point in geting upset over it. That will not help.

4. dharshiniusa

dharshiniusa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot aishuanand,srividya and drpreethi...
    it is really v motivating to see ur replies....i will surely loose weight....
    i will start the project today :thumbsup

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

come on to physical fitness forums and daily post your regime...what you did, what you ate...how you controlled binge eating etc...the more you share, the more you read, the more you feel motivated! Good luck

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dharshin,
    PCOS/PCOD is quite common there days.
    Do regular workouts. Reduce the carbohydrate in take. Eat healthy food.
    Depression or stressing yourself won't help.
    Stay positive & have a great time with your LO!

7. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi Dharshini,

I remember you have written in one of your thread how you lost your weight and successfully got pregnant with severe PCOD. Now don't get depressed it is nothing impossible for you to shed weight. When your husband back from office, just leave your child with him and hit the gym. Don't keep snacks in the kitchen. Whenever you want to eat out of frustration just snack on any fruit. Check the health and fitness thread you will get so many ideas. All the best to you.