Diagnostic Laproscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by BundleOfHope, Jun 17, 2016.

1. BundleOfHope

BundleOfHope Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies

After 2 HSG tests which show blocked tubes, I am advised by my doctor to go for a diagnostic laproscopy. So I am thinking of getting it done in Apollo Cradle, Jayanagar. Has anyone on this forum gotten it done here? How was your experience. I am told the procedure will cost around 50K.
    Also, did any of you follow any food restrictions after laproscopy? If yes, then what was your diet and for how many days?

Thank you
    BundleOfHope

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hi !

The cost of a diagnostic lap in Mumbai is around 50k which includes everything even the hospital room stay of half day as they discharge u late in the evening once u start taking food.

There is no food restrictions I believe after the procedure.

Since the procedure is done under general anaesthesia, once the effect is worn off. They will first give u something to drink after few hours , and if u tolerate that well, soft diet is given.
    It's a day care procedure in doctors language.

All the best :)

BundleOfHope likes this.
  3. BundleOfHope

Thanks Agony :)
    I think the cost is all inclusive. I will check again :)

Agony likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would say no to diag lap. I prefer it with proper one to attempt and clear the tube blocks. If you have pcos, go for ovarian drilling too. You had two hsgs both said blocked tubes why do they want to diagnose more. Finding a solution to already know trouble is better right? Why wasting money in just seeing what's been there very closely?
    I had a diag lap after hsg and 6 cycles of medicated cycle. It just confirmed I had block. They didn't attempt to clear it. I have a cut to remember I had a lap. No other good use. I may be hard on it because of personal unuse of procedure.
    Check with doc on making it useful ma.
    Baby dust to you.

Agony and BundleOfHope like this.
  5. BundleOfHope

@Vasumathy , the doctor says it is better to do a laparoscopy to find out if anything's wrong. Kind of a pre-examination before a probable IVF. She wrote in my file, "Diagnostic laparoscopy and chromopertubation to see level of block, to release adhesions if seen. Rule out endometriosis".
    I do not have PCOS.
    I understand what you are trying to say. Since we already know that I have blocked tubes, the focus of the lap should be on trying to clear them. I will talk to the doctor on this. But, can blocked tubes be cleared during a laparoscopy? I understand that in laparoscopy too, in a way similar to HSG, dye is passed through the tubes. Is that how the tubes get cleared? Or is there any other way to clear blocked tubes during lap?
    The doctor I consulted in Mangalore said that if small blocks were found, then they would clear it. But there was no point in trying to clear major blocks because it wouldn't last anyway.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Spasm kind of blocks in tubes can come and go on it's own. My blocks must be that kind.
    If that's how its been written, they will attempt to clear up simple blocks. Beyond one point its hard to clean up tubes. They are very thin like our hair. Only those dye injection and force can clear it up. I hope there are no other methods to clear.
    I hope they will do the better job and assist you to achieve pregnancy.
    All the best.

BundleOfHope and Agony like this.