1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diagnosed of Initial Alopecia...Please read...

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Happy2be, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I have been just recently diagnosed of initial alopecia. My scalp is becoming visible from between my combed hair which already were thinning since last few years. I have shoulder lenghth hair and it seems as if its nothing more to cover my head when I am combing or washing. I have been taking care about diet, oiling etc but alopecia... And no one can be very sure about the cause of alopecia. Its the initial phase and doctor has prescribed me Biotin capsules, minoxidil gel2% daily night application and Skalpe shampoo.

Have any of the ladies here faced this problem and how did you overcome the same?

Has anyone used minoxidil? How much, for how long and what did you experience? Was it beneficial? ANy side effects?

I am using Segals shampoo and am planning to order their Saw palmetto capsules too. Any experiences in the same?

I'm feeling so distressed Please talk to me... :-(

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi buddy
    Don't be over-stressed.Relax!!!!
    Didn't mentioned your age,and since you are in initial stage,hopes are there to treat you.
    Are the medications are prescribed by any qualified physician? or by your self.
    If by Doc,follow the instructions patiently as hair growth is a not a over-night magic.
    The reason for your problem may take time to settle down.If hormonal imbalance,sure to take atleast six months to get good results.

My son who is just 17,recently diagnosed Androgenic Alopecia and he is on treatment now.
    Hormone control tablets everyday(for three months) and TITANIUM needle rolling once in week.
    Total of 12 sittings,Completed four and waiting for the improvements.
    Yesterday while we were in the Doctor's waiting hall,I have seen one middle aged lady with same condition like yours, siting just in front of us.
    No shock to me as I have seen many of like before but heartfully wished that she should get back her happiness.

Why I'm sharing this is,
    the treatment success rate may vary from person to person.
    Its healthy to get opinions from others to improve your wellness and mental state..BUT
    Don't confuse yourself AND never be in oscillation.
    Once I too was in such a condition,but finally decided to get him treated.

So Be confident in what you are following.
    Stick to your medical procedure firmly and confidently.
    All the best.

1 person likes this.
  3. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thankyou so much saroj for encouraging words. I am 32 years of age and yes prescription is from a qualified doctor. I have consulted him earlier too for some issues and got treated successfully. I shall begin with the treatment hoping for good results. All the best for your son too.

4. bjac

bjac New IL'ite

Hi. I am new to this group. I am 28 and have this problem for around 10 years.can u pls post successful treatment aoptions. I am in Chennai