Diabetes in early pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Roopaprasann, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Roopaprasann

Roopaprasann New IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am in my 10 th week pregnancy,having gestational diabetes from my 4 th week..I was all these days maintaining my sugar levels with diet,it was almost under control,some day ,once in 4 days or so my post lunch readings would be in the range 140 for 1 1/2 hrs test all other readings are well in normal range but 2 day back my sugar level was 166 post lunch and 173 post dinner I took insulin after getting these readings both the time but now when I called my diabetologist for the readings she says it should never come ,not even a single day and said she is now worried about my baby ...now she has told me to take insulin before lunch and dinner...I am very much worried if anything would have happened to my baby??my next scan is after 2weeks thatswhen I am completing my 3 months,this is my 3 rd pregnancy , 2 nd having a miscarriage ...does one day reading affect fetus ????I am very much worried...

2. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi Roop

Don't worry about some bad days .Just be carefful nothing will happen .Taking insulin is completeley safe and your baby should be fine .Just be careful with your diet and the says when you have rice and rich carbs make sure you go for brisk walk for 15 mins and your sugar level will be normal .

3. Roopaprasann

Roopaprasann New IL'ite

Hi loch
    Thank u for your reply,Bit relieved after seeing ur thread..I am now on strict diet with no rice and taking insulin twice a day...hoping fir the best..

--Roopa

4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dearest Roopa,

Don't you worry your precious self and the baby. One reading going wrong is not the end of the world. But it is an indication to retrospect. Keep your diet in check fitness level adequate and loads of faith and positive attitude along with your insulin!

Take care

Rakhi

1 person likes this.
  5. Roopaprasann

Roopaprasann New IL'ite

Thanx Rakhi
    Thank u so much...