Diabetes and TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happyperson, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

my weight is 50 and height 5.2"

but my blood sugar increased now a days again... i am scared it is not getting controlled ..
    I am taking metformin and also glyburide both morning and night now a days
    I lost 2 pregnancies... I want suggestion from you all how to manage ...
    I tried my best ... when i know i got diabetics my A1C is 11.6% now it reached to 7%...
    it has to reduce 5% ... but some how i am not able to get down... Please share your suggestions..

Any one got pregnant with diabetics... help share me more helpful tips

2. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Dear parasu,

Hugs to u..I m sure u'll get the appropriate advice by others having similar issues..

Did ur doc say that the m/c had relation with elevated sugar....?

Have u spoken to a nutritionist for a diet plan to control it...if not why don't u try that option too

Have u been asked to exercise? .?.ur weight is not too much and bmi is well within the range...U should be able to control ur sugar with the correct diet

All the v best...lots of luck

God bless

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hba1c levels are decreasing, that means sugar levels are decreasing. how do you say your sugar levels are increasing?
    Try to do basic/simple exercise. eat goods which have less carbohydrate, include more vegetables, fruits & greens. That will help you to control the sugar level and healthier hormone levels. All the best!

Baby dust to all ttc ladies...

1 person likes this.
  4. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

hi frndz how are you all doing?

i started taking my luprid injections from 3 days and today i will see the diabetic doctor and check if i can go for ivf this cycle or not.......................

5. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

All the very best Sarada

I wish the doc gives a go ahead...lots of prayers for u

God bless

1 person likes this.
  6. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

hi friends,

i met the diabetic doctor and he said i can go for ivf this cycle............

i was very happy when he told. i am making my self to be stress free and very much relaxed to have a successful treatment..........

i pray god to give mother hood to each and every one on ttc............

OM SIA RAM

7. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

hi to all my sweet ttc gals

May Satguru Sairam bless you with cute little ones very soon...

Sticky baby dust to all ....

-Sweetlife

2 people like this.
  8. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

hi sarada30
    everything will be fine dont worry...om sai ram :)

wat are ur sugar levels as of now?

9. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

hello friends

no updates so far...come on share ur experiences

any one got pregnant..plese update

10. Jhilmill

Jhilmill Silver IL'ite

I have posted before also. Yes, you can surely get pregnant while having diabetes. I am currently pregnant with type 2 diabetes. India is diabetic capital so even if you are not type 2 or 1 diabetic, many women get gestational diabetes which left uncontrolled can lead to same type of damages.

First thing you need for that is a doctor who deal in diabetic pregnancies. Before conceiving your HbA1C level should be 6 or 5.6 varies from doc to doc but 5.6 is what non diabetic have.

Now Some can control it with diet and exercise for others they may need medication.

Indian diet is by default high in carbohydrates(carbs) ...roti, chawal, dal, dosa, idli , dal, milk, fruits...all are carb containing foods though milk and dal have protein too.

So people who are not able to control sugar will have to make drastic changes in their diet which is not easy.

General idea about carb is in normal diet you should have 45-60 carbs plus non starchy vegetables and protein. If small amount of protein is taken with each meal it helps in reducing sugar level.
    so ideal menu would be 2 thin chapati, with palak paneer where paneer is protein 4-6 small pieces and palak is non starchy vegetable which you can have as much.

1 small thin roti- 15 gm carb
    1 small apple- 15 gm carb
    1 cup milk- 15 gm carb
    1/4 cup rice- 15gm carb
    1/2 cup dal- 30 gm carb
    1 cup curd- 15gm carb

Some good food are non starchy vegetables like spinach, bhindi, lauki, cucumber, cabbage etc then protein like Paneer (low fat), egg, lean meat like chicken.

Now Fibre in food reduces the carbohydrate like 1 small apple is 15 gm carb and 3 fibre so net carb = 12
    similarly brown rice is better than white rice, sweet potato better than potato, multi grain or whole wheat aata/bread better than white bread etc.

Check for glycemic index of the food.

Avoid stress if possible. Chk VitD level and thyroid should be less than 3.5 not 5.0. Take your vitamins.

Once you conceive your sugar can be controlled with insulin so need not worry about that.

I love food and while pregnant had ice creams, gulab jamun n chaat but yes it will be difficult in third trimester so important thing is trying to control it before conceiving.

I hope it helps. :)

3 people like this.