Dh Has Zero Sperm Count

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sammygirl723, Dec 9, 2016.

1. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

Husband says that we shall look for other natural options or ayurveda for sperm production.. we both are very much into wanting a child.. but when I speak about IVF he says lets wait and look into other options.. The first doc v consulted told us even in IVF there is no assurance..only 60% possbililty..I think he objects not because of embarrassment.. If so, he wouldn't have told this to my mom..
    For him all these (IVF, Sperm donor) are like greek and latin..only now he is getting to know everything in detail about this..I think he will accept it over time.. Though I am ok with IVF and I think I can convince him somehow, I would like to know if there is any other option available..Because accordingly I can speak to him strongly about this..

Regarding adoption, I didn't speak to him about it..

2. chitra_lekha

chitra_lekha Bronze IL'ite

Sammygirl
    My friend went through the same. Her dh had zero sperm count. They had gone to an ayurvedic dr in pune sndcthey were told that her husbands body was retaining a lot of heat and was given medicines. After taking medicines for three months they conceived and they now have a 5yr old girl.
    Please dont lose hope. People will ask just smile and say that god has kept a very big blessing for you and that you will have a baby soon

happydheivanai and Rosey2018 like this.
  3. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

To my knowledge and experience there is no guaranteed cure for azoospermia. Even what little exists has about 20% success rate. Ayurvedic treatments are not that effective. I have rarely seen successful experiences of a couple first hand. It is always reported by someone else that so and so succeeded with ayurvedic treatment for azoospermia. So I am a bit skeptical of the actual success rates.

IVF has success rate of only 40%. Not even 60%.

Goodluck. Dont be misled by false promises or unrealistic expectations. Get real.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Hi low sperm count can be cured by co enzyme q10 and fertile m tablets. Go to a decent doctor. I have many friends whose husbands have had azoospermia. It can be caused due to stress. Make your husband have those pills, eat healthy and eat foods that aid fertility. Most of All pray to God night and day with a pure heart. I hope those who are struggling will be blessed with a child/children when the time is right for them.

happydheivanai likes this.
  5. PrathimaBose

PrathimaBose Senior IL'ite

Hi @staycool90
    Even if you were 24 years old, the doctors could say you are getting aged. There are many others in this forum who are on the higher side of 30s and have difficulties TTC. So don't let the clock eat you up. I know how it feels. You will eventually sail through this.
    Try to talk to your husband to boost his confidence. Azoospermia is not to be considered as a mark of manhood. Its nothing to feel ashamed of. Of course, others may not see it so. just take it as any other medical condition you would be taking treatment for. its alright if you don't want to disclose to others. You can do it when you can really not consider it as missing thing.
    Quite a few ppl have successfully conceived after undergoing treatment for azoospermia. Trust me you still have some time left out before you take up IVF. You may try out alternative forms of treatment like Ayurveda. Try looking into other forums/posts here, about TTC, for options that can help. Meanwhile look out for home remedies too that do help.
    TTC is keeping faith and having patience while you keep trying. Good luck!

6. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

Thank you all @madras2018, Rosey2018, prathimabose.....Thank you for taking yr time to reply me...when my world starts filling with negativity, words like yours keeps me going...accepting and overcoming the reality is pretty hard and Am in that phase now...Thank you all for bringing some clarity within myself.. I will pray wholeheartedly for TTC and God bless u all..

7. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Hey don’t worry...I’m also sailing in same boat...home remedy doesn’t do anything. If u r in Chennai do visit dr.jamuna - Karthick fertility center near tambaram.she can cure this in 1 yr. she is against ivf iui ect ...don’t take stress just visit the dr she is rude but she make magic.

8. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

@happydheivanai, Thank you so much..Will try to visit the dr..Thanks for yr info..

9. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

If you are in chennai. You can meet Dr. Jamuna , siddha doctor in tambaram. But she wont see your previous reports.She will ask you to take all the tests that she needs and will evaluate the case.She can be a bit rude. She will tell upfront whether she can treat you / percentage of success etc.

10. staycool90

staycool90 New IL'ite

@boby, thank you so much for the details...