1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

dh diabetic

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by smilemoon, Dec 14, 2011.

1. smilemoon

smilemoon Senior IL'ite

hey frend , my dh is diabetic for past two yrs , he is 30 yrs. is on medication , the reading is around 260... me and my mil tried so much everything possible to control him from stop eating fatty foods,sweets ,junk foods but he never listens to anyone.... he has got addicted to eating . nevr ever realise that something will happen to him... he say i am young i take medicine so nothing will happen to me . he eats more than a normal person . spl rice he can do without rice for single day that two in large quantity. i know i should not talk abt my hubby like this but really need some help. when i talk to him him abt this... even i have told him he will get stroke (heart )if he keeps on eating like this.. but he say we i keep on limiting him on eating, or advice him he will die cos this stress which i give him... i cant fight him daily,,, sometimes i never sit with him when he has his foood..... ;((((((((((((((((((((

2. rekbal

rekbal Silver IL'ite

Hi Friend,

I am sorry for what is happening... But certain people would not listen to us... They think they are managing things... The only suggestion I can give is that along with him you also be on diet and have chapathi's in night without oil and lot of veges along with it.. Avoid using vegetables or fruits or anything which produce sugar while cooking... Give him bittergourd as much as you can in the form of juice of any other form... I believe you know venthiem.. Soak them in night and ask him to have it early in the morning in empty stomach... If he doesnt want to have it then tell him that you can eat other stuff only if you have these 2 thing early in the morning... Try eating more chapathies as much as you can.. when you are making chapathi dough dont mix cold water in atta, use hot or boiling water to make dough... dont buy any sweets or oily items in your house... if he feels hungry trying giving him things which reduce sugar.. May i will check out and let you know what all he can avoid eating and let you know....

With Regards,
    Rekha

3. smilemoon

smilemoon Senior IL'ite

thank u so much for ur love and understanding... but the problem is even if i do dieting , exercise ... he is least bothered ,,, he tell if u want to suffer without eating but dont control me and i will not listen ... and daily he want non veg, at least chicken or fish. he eats everything sweets,fried item.. he himself goes and buy... i am totally lost and given up. his shift is like afternoon to midnight
    so he sleeps ,eat AND GOES TO OFFICE.THATS IT NO ACTIVITY AT ALL
    I AM WORRIED DAILY BUT HE NEVER LISTEN
    READY FOR EVERYTHING.

4. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi,
    it is perception of most indians that if a person has diabetes he should completely avoid rice. I agree doc say to avoid rice as it has more carbs and forms of sugar in it. But diabetes comes due to tensions/hereditory.
    If he is eating one time rice then nothing to worry much. I believe u r south indian ; and most of south indian rice is essential in meals.
    Some of the diets you can implement is avoid idli, dosa ( as these are made of rice), avalakki(poha), rava items which are made of rice. Instead you can look for recipes which are wheat/jowar/ragi based.
    Introduce only one time meal as rice and other two times have lot of veggies/wheat and other forms of carbs.
    Prepare sweets at home with sugarless items ( lot of products available in market)

Diabetes doesn't mainly start by food it is tension/stress happening in our life.

5. manalimanoj

manalimanoj Silver IL'ite

hi
    you search on internet problems occuring due to increase sugar the health problems take a printout and show him or if possible put it somwhere where he can see. once he understands the problems he will listen to you definetly.
    try
    manali

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi....
    Why dont you let the doctor tell him that eating like this will cause problem be it young or old... I know how tough to control H who doesnt listen to good words of wives and danger is they may eat outside without wives knowledge so its better dont fight with him at home instead ask doctor what to do thenprepare sweets with less amount of sugar in it... Diabetics often crave for sugar...