1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DH comments need insight

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lifeisajourney, Dec 17, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I am intrigued why the sister falls out of grace on your 10th wedding anniversary. So does he stop loving his sister after that? In which case isn't it a wasted exercise moving near her????? Sounds completely loony.

1 person likes this.
  2. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@Lifeisajourney...

my situation was the same when i was married... DH was totally like... my sister this n that... first i smiled n tolerated (i had lots of patience then)... n here by sister i dont mean his own sister... his own sister is married n settled abroad... v r in India.... here by sister i mean his cousin sister (his mom's sister's daughter)... he has 3 more similar sisters and he was very much crazy about them... during my grihapravesh after wedding... they all said to their brother... that he must love them first and give them more gifts now... n he agreed... n even did so!!!

i was secondary... first came his parent n his 5 sisters!! one was super special for him.... n was and is driving me crazy... before our marriage DH used to go to their house for dinner (inlaws at native... we stay in metro city).. after marriage dinner was at home... so he started visiting less... so that gal.. used to call him up n say... that she felt lonely n want him.. (she had lost her dad but stays with her mom)... i dono y she said that... coz being with her .... as she says "loving mom" she felt lonely!!!??? (my parents were also at native... few km away from inlaws place)... that time i was not well n my DH left me alone to be with the lonely sister!! (blah blah blah... many more such incidents... dont want to remember now...)... n guys do u know y she is special to him (and i forgot to mention, to my inlaws too.... though they praise me n all dat... but that gal is first for them... and everything i do... they will report to her first :( ) coz she was born at their home in native

2010 november we shifted to our own new house far away from his special sister... i was happy... i felt atlast im getting my DH for myself more than getting only few minutes with him... he started spending more time with me and all those comparing comments stopped... then i conceived and now im at our native with our son...

but i think... GOD doesnt want me to be happy for much time... DH was telling she is shifting to a house near to our new house soon... as her old home is going for re-construction... i was happy few months back thinking i have my DH n now our baby too... we will be happy without the "sister" affecting anything... now i dread the day i will be going back with my son... i dont want to see her... n though she is younger to me.. she will started her advice list on how to look after baby (she doesnt have any) and home (which she doesnt do herself) ....

i pray to GOD to give me freedom from this... i want to enjoy life with DH n our son...

3. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Dear ,

First 3 are routine Indian married men dialogues you hear in the first decade of marriage. You just ignore them.
    He will get over the sister hangover in few more years.

But , the 4th condition , is crazy. Looks like you are married to another Rama. Enlighten him this is not Ramayana time , that you are not Sita, u can't wait 10 years for his love.

Tell him , he is most welcome to go and stay IN his sis house for 14 years, but you will find your own Krishna.

2 people like this.