Devi Bhagavatam or Devi puranam

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by BelieveGod4ever, Apr 27, 2010.

1. BelieveGod4ever

BelieveGod4ever New IL'ite

Can women read Devi Bhagavatam/Devi puranam ?
    Is there any rules or Shastras for reading the same ?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

I do not find any reason for women to not read Devi Bhagavatam / Devi Puranam ...

3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Can anyone please explain about the Devi Bhagavatam / Devi Puranam as I do not know much in detail about this. Also I would like to know about it and start reciting it slowly.

4. Muthuraji

Can anyone please explain about the Devi Bhagavatam / Devi Puranam as I do not know much in detail about this. Also I would like to know about it and start reciting it slowly.

5. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear

Definitely women can read Devi Bhagavatham/Devi Puram. In fact i know many many who read it.
    You follow rules in general. I mean same like you follow when you do for other gods.

Warm Regards
    Saras

6. BelieveGod4ever

BelieveGod4ever New IL'ite

@ saras123 and Raagini,
    Thank you so much for your encouragement. :bowdown
    @ Muthuraji,
    The Srimad Devi Bhagavatam, also known as Devi Purana, was composed into 12 chapters, containing 18000 verses by the great Veda Vyasa. What is S’rîmad Bhâgavat is to the Vaisnavas, the Devî Bhâgavatam is to the S’âktas.
    --Source : Internet.

Happy reading, keep me posted :)

7. Muthuraji

Please let me know where I can get this downloaded or get a book.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Raji,

You can get the book from ramakrishna math books..along with the translations.

I believe that you get initiated through a guru, and you have a method of doing this.

9. winvalli

winvalli New IL'ite

Hi,

I read devi bhagavatham daily. It is the one of the best books i read. I used to read at least one page daily. if time permits i read more.

There is no such specific rule that ladies cant read this book. i read the complete book once, now i am doing it second time.

after reading this book i learned many thing in my life. this is the idle book to learn good thing in your life. I got many good results after reading this book.

It can be read in navaratri 9 days. That time according to your capability you can serve annadana If you can that will be good. how to do pooja and what you need to do every thing is there in that book first read that book normally, then follow the instructions which ever is convenience to you.

Because of my busy schedule i cant follow the rules and all still i feel better of reading at least one paragraph in a day.

i bought the book from book stores in my native place. it was written in Telugu.

SaiSamarth143 and AparnaSrujan like this.
  10. csyde

csyde Silver IL'ite

Hello winvalli,

I too want to read Devi Bhagavatam from so many days.

Can you pl. tell the title and author of the book and also where can we find the book? Also incase if you know of any site so that i can order it online?

Thank you,
    Preethi