1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Develop a passion for learning

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 24, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Develop a passion for learning. You will never cease to grow. How true . In every stage of life we are learning through our experience. There is no age for learning. What we miss to learn when young we learn as we grow old. We have grab the opportunities and learn whatever possible. Instead of finding faults with others we should learn the good things from others. Each one of us have positive and negative in us.

“Friends are helpful not only because they will listen to us, but because they will laugh at us; Through them we learn a little objectivity, a little modesty, a little courtesy; We learn the rules of life and become better players of the game”
    Will Durant quotes

Some peope dont see the negative things in others and see the positive things. The other day I was talking to my sister and was telling about some relative of ours who does not keep touch with any of us. Only when we call her she speaks. She and her husband are devotee of Satya Sai Baba. I was telling my sister being a devotee she should be good with everyone and keep in touch with us for which my sister was saying might be they have gone to the spiritual line so dont like worldly things. My sister thinks good of everyone and always teaches me good things. Sometimes from her behavious I feel she is Devi. When young and when we used to go for bhajans she used to get God in her and used to shout Muruga Muruga. She is a very pious person.

The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you.Tony Robbins

When we are young we dont understand somethings, after we grow old only we come to know so many things. We are lucky that we are a member of this site, we get to learn so many things from the writings of great writers.

As we get older, we are always maturing and learning something new about ourselves. you get older, you're always maturing, you're always learning something. Not necessary that we can learn only through education, we can learn through experience, through other's experience.Its not only necessary to learn but we should practice also what we learn.

Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
    Wilma Rudolph

6 people like this.

2. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Nice article..What you said "Instead of finding faults with others we should learn the good things from others" is really true.

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Viji as you said experience is the good master which makes us to learn more.very nice post

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A very beautiful article from you Viji ma....:thumbsup.. What you have written is very true...

The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you...:)

Thanks for sharing ma...

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  5. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    I'm giving a feedback to your post after quite some time. An excellent article, Vijima, with the choicest of quotes to go along with it. Your post is a perfect example of your message. I'm amazed at the amount of reading that you have to do to post such appropriate quotes. :bowdown :bowdown:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear VijiMa....
    Another gem of a post from your end...

What a beautifule quote Ma thank You for teaching us ...:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post, aunty

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Very nice and thought provoking article akka.
    While I pursued my studies here my husband used to say, " stop studying and start learning"...I used think how true those words are. Unless we get out inthis world we really don't learn much.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

[
    Narmadha dearglad you liked the post and thanks for the first fb.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Periamma thanks dear