1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Deva and Naren - A Love Story Once Again!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 3, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Deva and Naren A Love Story

2. varalotti

I sat down to give final touches to this blog yesterday night. But was soon distracted by the breaking news. Sun News was exposing a leading Swamiji.

The video clipping was as explicit as it could be in a TV channel. The so called ‘saint’ was having some intimate moments with an actress code named R.

I have heard about this Swamiji and have even read excerpts of his speeches which used to appear in Economic Times in the Cosmic Links column.

But that’s not important now. The raging question is who’s responsible for this debacle?

The Swamiji himself? The vested interests that are around him? His high profile disciples? The wealth that was placed at his disposal?

You’ll see all these factors being highlighted by the media in the days to come.

But I am sure that the only reason for this scandal is us. Yes, we the naïve and gullible people who adore form and ignore substance.

For us anybody who comes in saffron robes and has a weird hair-do should be a saintly person. Ridiculous, but true.

People who don’t even trust their dear wives with their secrets willingly pour them into the ears of these charlatans.

The Samijis have our trust, money, devotion – all because of their dress-colour and their hair style.

It’s high time we discard the form and look into the substance.

I am damn sure that the real saint is not the one with long hair; not the one who does puja all the day while an army of his disciples take care of his needs.

The real saint is the house wife – who manages half a dozen complicated relationships at home and then goes to office to manage a dozen more, meanwhile doing the work of three adults.

The real saint is the Doctor who works for 14 hours a day and yet when it is your child’s turn he holds her hand to assure her, ‘I’m there for you.’

The real saint is the man of the house who has to take care of his parents, has to commute through congested roads for his work and thinks constantly of his family’s welfare.

The real saint is the teacher in the school who for a paltry sum gives your children the precious gift of education.

The real saint is the person who does not know you at all and yet offers to buy tickets for you in the bus when you realize that you have forgotten to take your wallet.

Saints are all around you. Just train your eyes to see one.

Remember ladies today’s saints are dressed in cotton sarees, chudidhars, white coats jeans trousers and other work-a-day clothes. Start respecting these people. Love them. Admire them.

Then you can tell whether a saffron-clad sadhu is a fake or not from a mile away. Have a good day.

3. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Wonderful story as always.

Beautiful message - Saints are all around. Only we need to see them.

I really wonder where do you get these ideas from...So true, yet people fail to realize and see the truth which stands just in front.

-Aruna

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

That was a real eye opener story. Yes, we really did feel like hitting Naren. But when you equated Naren's behaviour with our behaviour towards God, I really felt ashamed . But what you said is 100% true. Many times we are falling into temptations forgetting Him and taking advantage of His benevolence. But some times, people who are good and morally right are also facing testing times...why is it so? That is not given in the story of Deva.

I came to know of the fake swamiji news after reading your comments only. If I remember correctly, he was the one who recently gave discourse on Gita at Pachaiyappa's college ground, Chennai. Even though I didnot attend it, I believe he is quite popular and had a huge fan following as his posters were pasted all over the city during that time. Like you say, people who do their duty righteously and helping others even in a small way are the ones to be complimented .

Radhi

5. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Am privileged to give the first comment!!:bowdown

6. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir!!

That was a fabulous love story. How articulately you have chosen the names, Deva and Naren? Our unfaithfulness towards God was explained with a simple story!! If we start to thank him for whatever we have, we have to spend our whole life thanking him!! But, he just wants us to help others in stead of thanking him like Deva wanted Naren to attend Ravi's wedding to make him happy.

I could not help but to relate the unfaithfulness of these swamijis to Naren and Deva to followers. Of course, these followers just love their swamijis more than anything else and they believe that they will show the right path, surrendering themselves to those swamijis wholly. Even if those so-called swamijis fail and proved to be frauds with these scandals, there are followers who still believe them. Of course, brain wont work when heart overflows with love, like Deva's love for Naren and the followers love for their fraud swamijis.:) Thanks for the thought-provoking post sir.. Regards, Janani

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    In a
    ,very wonderful and fantastic manner you have clearly presented the love of Almighty to us.What is the one thing that everyone is looking for or wants or needs,the one thing that really makes people happy makes life worth living,
    NO IT IS NOT
    It is knowing that someone loves you, it is knowing that someone actually cares for you and is interested in you and that you have their undivided attention.
    Someone that loves you enough to listen to you and accept you as you are.
    Someone who won't judge you, but is your friend through thick and thin and will stand by you whatever.
    And when you know you are loved you don't have to prove yourself or justify yourself,
    you are loved for who you are and not what you can do.
    GODS LOVE IS LIKE THAT
    This is the kind of love that we all need.
    Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.People like Naren failed to notice the mercy of God because of their immense faith in worldly pleasures.Sinful and forbidden pleasures are like poisoned bread;
    they may satisfy the appetite for the moment,
    but there is death in them at the end."NO body can make them understand the love of God unless they themselves realize and seek the eternal love of the 'Omnipotent"

with love
    pad

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    coming to the fraud samoyar. You are correct in your saying In real life we find so many people discharging their duties without grumbling, without expecting any thing, they are saints in real sense. Then why should people fall to these idiotic frauds?Already there were several news regarding Nithyananda charging too much for spiritual retreat and camps. Now the recent video had caused a terrible heart break to most of his followers. Its high time people stop believing in such fraud people anymore.In their insecure feeling people tend to believe these type of samiyars. Let them realize and surrender to Almighty alone.
    with love
    pad

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

HI BF,

Thanks for the lesson so well told in a fantastic story format.

When we are in trouble, we cry to HER for help. Once we are out of our misery, we forget HER. Typical human mentality.

As for the Swamiji, BF you have to tell me in detail. I do not get INdian TV at my place.

I am really curious.

Regards,

Your GF

10. varalotti

Hi GF,
    I am making you jump the queue as far as your query on the Swamiji is concerned. Its all over the world now. It's in Youtube. And naturally it's in IL as well.
    Check this thread out.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/movies/87459-nithyanandaswami-scandal-with-actress-video.html
    and then read my comments on this Swamiji affair.
    regards,
    your BF