1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Detox diet with raw organic food for weight loss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Susmithavijay, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Susmithavijay

Susmithavijay Bronze IL'ite

Has any one done this? Its some thing going viral these days. All u have to do is eat organic raw foods. If any one doing plz share ur inputs.

1 person likes this.

2. hema_alex

hema_alex Senior IL'ite

Though not entirely organic, i did try eating raw foods for a week......and am sorry to say....I was left with lasting headaches during the entire day. In fact i was lacking in energy and was tired, and realised that it was due to hunger. By the end of the week, gave up on this diet and reverted to my original diet. However i started walking and exercising more, and that seemed to help. Portion control also helped to an extent.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

It is possible, but needs lot of discipline and consistency and commitment.

REad the book by ARnette larkins.. i am impressed looking at her skin and her energy..but it is not possible for me where i stay..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDKXkWpYTQ

2 people like this.
  4. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello @Susmithavijay,

I am on raw vegan diet. I have infact created a thread named "Raw VEGAN Diet". As Shanvy mam had mentioned it needs lots of discipline and commitment. Today is my ninth day and its amazing. I feel so fresh as well. Please check that thread.

@hema_alex, During the first three days, of course, I had food cravings, and body ache. But now I am completely fine.

5. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have tried this diet earlier almost an year back. This diet does work. As in case of head aches it is will happen in only first three days. Once ketosis in body kicks in it will bring about a lot of changes. Your skin will start to glow. You start losing weight(if thats one of your goal). High level of alertness also kicks in. I had a good experience. I am planning to do it again in a day or two. Would be happy if u want to start together.

1 person likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I personally feel any diet that you cannot follow for a regular routine over a long period of time or forever is only going to give you short term weight loss.The weight comes back as soon as you start your regular diet.

I also feel any diet that is extreme will cause discomfort and side effects .

Cut down carbohydrates. Don't eat carbohydrates at night.Replace high calories snacks with fruits low in calories....fruits that you like.Eat low cal salad before you have your meal.Have a big glass of water one hr before you eat.Reduce sugar in tea coffee.All these are do-able with regular diet.

7. YoginiVenkat

Sure. we can join together.

1 person likes this.
  8. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Can i know the real purpose of your diet like weight loss, detox etc :)

9. YoginiVenkat

I wanted to reduce my weight. I had started a thread on Raw Vegan Diet. Why don't you check that out.

10. YoginiVenkat

I did think of this issue before starting this diet.. And I tried the diet tips that u have mentioned but it didn't reduce my weight nor my thyroid. So opted this one..

But I read an article about this diet, thyroid, Sugar and BP also come to control, I wished to follow it. I will check my thyroid and other factors next month and lets c..

1 person likes this.