1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate To Get Some Help/advice For Fighting Alone For Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by amunique, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

@amunique I agree with the above poster. As badly as you want to see justice done, I think you have to accept that legally it might not happen. 5 years is a long time, just get the divorce done with and move on, you have your whole precious life ahead..

SinghManisha likes this.
  2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Thank you Kavikuyil, i will take a second opinion as suggested by you and keep posted here, and since its only a month we were together and he ran away i do not have anything attached( his name in bank accounts,even my marriage is not registered, and no i dont live in the same house/it was a rented flat so i came back to my home as soon as he absconded)
    my parents are now saying that they along with some relatives will go to his village(where his parents are) and ask them to return the jewels etc.
    but i am afraid whether he will reopen the exparted divorce case in this meanwhile (i knew from the lawyer that 3 months is the time for case reopen even when exparted)
    so i am worried now .. please suggest something ...

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

hmm Thanks shreema86, i too think in the same lines but somewhere i feel hurt really hurt that justice is not done.. we are financially very down now because now i am the only earning member with an income just sufficient to survive. so i am worried.. kindly suggest what to do..

4. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

@amunique , this financially tough phase will pass, just dont bank on that happening due to your ex returning anything. Whatever job you are doing, focus on that and sharpen your skills. Think 5 years ahead if you want to earn a great salary/ position what you need to improve /learn etc.. Also look at the silver lining here, Despite everything , you are still earning enough to survive. Also if you have siblings ,they can help you in this phase.

SunPa and amunique like this.
  5. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Thank you Shreema86 for your kind words.. really gave me some ray of hope for my future..
    yes i too think that it will only be an extra expenditure and waste of time to again file a maintenance suit on that fellow. as per my lawyer's advice, i l have to pay the police etc it seems
    the only thing is i need to reduce weight and see my future prospects..

Shreema86 likes this.